Remembering war heroes
Flag raised for armed forces day
THE union flag was flown in Royston this week to commemorate the sacrifices made by servicemen and women.
Representatives from the Royston branch of the Royal British Legion, Royston Town Council, and North Herts District Council, took part in a ceremony to mark Armed Forces Day.
A flag was raised at the Grossalmerode Gardens outside the town hall.
Formerly known as Veterans Day, the title ‘Armed Forces Day’ has been chosen to reflect the wider armed forces family of serving personnel veterans and the cadet forces.
You may also want to watch:
Armed Forces Day itself is this Saturday, June 27, but ceremonies have been taking place throughout the country all week.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 4 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 5 Get on your bike for the A10 Awareness Ride comeback
- 6 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 7 Royston Arts Festival committee overcomes COVID difficulties to bring back events
- 8 Barkway Lit Fest proves to be a real page-turner
- 9 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images