Remembering war heroes
Flag raised for armed forces day
THE union flag was flown in Royston this week to commemorate the sacrifices made by servicemen and women.
Representatives from the Royston branch of the Royal British Legion, Royston Town Council, and North Herts District Council, took part in a ceremony to mark Armed Forces Day.
A flag was raised at the Grossalmerode Gardens outside the town hall.
Formerly known as Veterans Day, the title ‘Armed Forces Day’ has been chosen to reflect the wider armed forces family of serving personnel veterans and the cadet forces.
You may also want to watch:
Armed Forces Day itself is this Saturday, June 27, but ceremonies have been taking place throughout the country all week.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 3 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 4 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 7 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 10 Hallmark Trophy decided in close-run contest at Heydon Grange Golf Club