Refuse collections resume in North Herts
CROW Country residents will have to wait another week to have their brown bin emptied. Thanks to the slight thaw in weather conditions, North Herts district council resumed refuse collections this week, and says it has caught up with most of the rounds wh
CROW Country residents will have to wait another week to have their brown bin emptied.
Thanks to the slight thaw in weather conditions, North Herts district council resumed refuse collections this week, and says it has caught up with most of the rounds which were missed last week due to the snow and ice.
However, some brown bins, which are used for garden waste, food waste and cardboard, still have not been emptied, and a council spokesman said they will now be cleared on the next cycle, meaning it will have been over a month since they were last collected.
Cllr Lynda Needham, portfolio holder for waste and recycling at the district council, said: "We are very grateful to residents who have had to put up with some hardship in the difficult conditions and to our crews who have been out in all weathers to maintain the service.
You may also want to watch:
"In extreme conditions we have to consider the safety of residents, of residents' property and of our recycling crews," she said.
In the mean time, recycling materials can be taken to any of the district council's recycling sites, including the one at Beverley Close, Royston.
- 1 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 2 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 3 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 4 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 5 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 9 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 10 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
The Council's website www.north-herts.gov.uk will have regular updates during any more periods of cold weather.