Refuse collections resume in North Herts
CROW Country residents will have to wait another week to have their brown bin emptied. Thanks to the slight thaw in weather conditions, North Herts district council resumed refuse collections this week, and says it has caught up with most of the rounds wh
CROW Country residents will have to wait another week to have their brown bin emptied.
Thanks to the slight thaw in weather conditions, North Herts district council resumed refuse collections this week, and says it has caught up with most of the rounds which were missed last week due to the snow and ice.
However, some brown bins, which are used for garden waste, food waste and cardboard, still have not been emptied, and a council spokesman said they will now be cleared on the next cycle, meaning it will have been over a month since they were last collected.
Cllr Lynda Needham, portfolio holder for waste and recycling at the district council, said: "We are very grateful to residents who have had to put up with some hardship in the difficult conditions and to our crews who have been out in all weathers to maintain the service.
You may also want to watch:
"In extreme conditions we have to consider the safety of residents, of residents' property and of our recycling crews," she said.
In the mean time, recycling materials can be taken to any of the district council's recycling sites, including the one at Beverley Close, Royston.
- 1 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 2 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 4 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 5 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 6 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 7 Housing first battleground in mayor elections for Cambridgeshire
- 8 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 9 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
- 10 Thriplow's Baroness Boothroyd slams government vaccine strategy
The Council's website www.north-herts.gov.uk will have regular updates during any more periods of cold weather.