Refuse collections resume in North Herts
CROW Country residents will have to wait another week to have their brown bin emptied. Thanks to the slight thaw in weather conditions, North Herts district council resumed refuse collections this week, and says it has caught up with most of the rounds wh
CROW Country residents will have to wait another week to have their brown bin emptied.
Thanks to the slight thaw in weather conditions, North Herts district council resumed refuse collections this week, and says it has caught up with most of the rounds which were missed last week due to the snow and ice.
However, some brown bins, which are used for garden waste, food waste and cardboard, still have not been emptied, and a council spokesman said they will now be cleared on the next cycle, meaning it will have been over a month since they were last collected.
Cllr Lynda Needham, portfolio holder for waste and recycling at the district council, said: "We are very grateful to residents who have had to put up with some hardship in the difficult conditions and to our crews who have been out in all weathers to maintain the service.
You may also want to watch:
"In extreme conditions we have to consider the safety of residents, of residents' property and of our recycling crews," she said.
In the mean time, recycling materials can be taken to any of the district council's recycling sites, including the one at Beverley Close, Royston.
- 1 Crews tackle fires in residential street and industrial area
- 2 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 3 IWM Duxford set to reopen fully and new flying days announced
- 4 Police dog helps track down bike stolen in South Cambs
- 5 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 6 Melbourn ward by-election 2021: Who are the candidates?
- 7 Who are our North Herts candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 8 'It's such a relief' - Shops, pubs and more reopen as lockdown eases
- 9 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 10 Photographic Society plans new ventures as lockdown eases
The Council's website www.north-herts.gov.uk will have regular updates during any more periods of cold weather.