Reed village is set for a blooming good flower festival
- Credit: Archant
Visitors are invited to view some magnificent floral displays when Reed hosts its annual flower festival this weekend.
The event will be held at St Mary’s Church, Church Lane, which will be open throughout the weekend from 10am to 7pm for visitors to come in and view some magnificent floral displays produced by the village organisations to celebrate their activities.
In addition, the following attractions are being organised – on Saturday there will be a barbecue between 12pm and 2pm, followed by Strawberry Tea from 2pm to 4pm, served in the churchyard with entertainment from the pupils of Reed First School and other musicians. Other activities will also be available for children.
There will also be a number of stalls selling all sorts of goodies, games and a quality raffle with superb prizes including a fabulous hamper of food donated by Ocado and a slow cooker donated by Tesco Extra, Royston.
Sunday is Open Church Sunday and the team will be holding the usual 10.30am All Age Service. Refreshments will also be available in the church during the afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
At 4pm, the church will be holding its very own Songs of Praise service featuring the Reed Choir, who will perform anthems by John Rutter and SS Wesley.
This will be followed by Pimm’s in the churchyard.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 3 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 6 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 7 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 8 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 9 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 10 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
One of the organisers, Liz Kershaw, said: “We shall be delighted if you would join us for this exciting weekend.”