Reed village is set for a blooming good flower festival
- Credit: Archant
Visitors are invited to view some magnificent floral displays when Reed hosts its annual flower festival this weekend.
The event will be held at St Mary’s Church, Church Lane, which will be open throughout the weekend from 10am to 7pm for visitors to come in and view some magnificent floral displays produced by the village organisations to celebrate their activities.
In addition, the following attractions are being organised – on Saturday there will be a barbecue between 12pm and 2pm, followed by Strawberry Tea from 2pm to 4pm, served in the churchyard with entertainment from the pupils of Reed First School and other musicians. Other activities will also be available for children.
There will also be a number of stalls selling all sorts of goodies, games and a quality raffle with superb prizes including a fabulous hamper of food donated by Ocado and a slow cooker donated by Tesco Extra, Royston.
Sunday is Open Church Sunday and the team will be holding the usual 10.30am All Age Service. Refreshments will also be available in the church during the afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
At 4pm, the church will be holding its very own Songs of Praise service featuring the Reed Choir, who will perform anthems by John Rutter and SS Wesley.
This will be followed by Pimm’s in the churchyard.
- 1 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 6 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 7 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 8 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Hospitality Action Day: Some of your favourite local pubs, restaurants and cafés
One of the organisers, Liz Kershaw, said: “We shall be delighted if you would join us for this exciting weekend.”