Reed schoolchildren help throw chocolate tombola fundraiser at Royston Tesco
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters from Reed First School headed out to Royston on Sunday armed with an owl, banner, buckets and lots and lots of chocolate!
The chocolate tombola was organised by the Friends of Reed School and was held at the Royston Tesco Extra in Old North Road.
A FORS spokesman said: “Armed with our school mascot owl and some little helpers, we raised a fantastic £290.”
All proceeds will be going towards The Reed First School Library Fund.
The group has lots of exciting events planned to fundraise for a school library to be built.
You may also want to watch:
There will be another ‘Bookworm Ball’ in March next year at the Sheene Mill in Melbourn, which follows on from the success of this year’s event.
For more on FORS, go to the Facebook page ‘Friends of Reed School’.
- 1 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 2 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 5 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 6 Govia Thameslink makes £700,000 railway station accessibility improvements
- 7 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 8 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 9 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 10 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
If you would like to get involved they’d love to hear from you. Contact the office on 01763 848304 or email the school at email@example.com