Reed schoolchildren help throw chocolate tombola fundraiser at Royston Tesco
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters from Reed First School headed out to Royston on Sunday armed with an owl, banner, buckets and lots and lots of chocolate!
The chocolate tombola was organised by the Friends of Reed School and was held at the Royston Tesco Extra in Old North Road.
A FORS spokesman said: “Armed with our school mascot owl and some little helpers, we raised a fantastic £290.”
All proceeds will be going towards The Reed First School Library Fund.
The group has lots of exciting events planned to fundraise for a school library to be built.
You may also want to watch:
There will be another ‘Bookworm Ball’ in March next year at the Sheene Mill in Melbourn, which follows on from the success of this year’s event.
For more on FORS, go to the Facebook page ‘Friends of Reed School’.
- 1 Litlington's Josh ploughs into top spot with competition win
- 2 History Society unveils new town heritage board
- 3 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 4 Melbourn Post Office reopens in new location
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 7 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 8 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 9 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 10 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
If you would like to get involved they’d love to hear from you. Contact the office on 01763 848304 or email the school at email@example.com