Reed schoolchildren help throw chocolate tombola fundraiser at Royston Tesco
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters from Reed First School headed out to Royston on Sunday armed with an owl, banner, buckets and lots and lots of chocolate!
The chocolate tombola was organised by the Friends of Reed School and was held at the Royston Tesco Extra in Old North Road.
A FORS spokesman said: “Armed with our school mascot owl and some little helpers, we raised a fantastic £290.”
All proceeds will be going towards The Reed First School Library Fund.
The group has lots of exciting events planned to fundraise for a school library to be built.
You may also want to watch:
There will be another ‘Bookworm Ball’ in March next year at the Sheene Mill in Melbourn, which follows on from the success of this year’s event.
For more on FORS, go to the Facebook page ‘Friends of Reed School’.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 2 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 5 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 6 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 9 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire
- 10 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
If you would like to get involved they’d love to hear from you. Contact the office on 01763 848304 or email the school at email@example.com