Reed action group organise pop-up pub night to thank supporters of Save The Cabinet campaign
- Credit: Archant
Members of the Save The Cabinet campaign group in Reed have organised a pop-up pub night in the village this evening to thank volunteers and supporters who have backed the cause.
The action group was founded by villagers when a buyer came forward to turn The Cabinet pub, which has been closed since 2011, into a house.
Group member Edwin Kilby said: “It’s our first pop-up pub event, we wanted to thank the community for the support we’ve had.
“We’re planning to replicate a village pub so they’ll be real ale and other drinks and food from Julian Clarks of Ware. There will be classic pub games like shove ha’penny and pub skittles. There will also be live music from acoustic band Sky West.
“We don’t know how it’s going to go, as it’s our first one, but if we get 100 people drop in we’ll be doing alright.”
You may also want to watch:
All are invited to the pop-up night this evening, it’s free entry at the Vllage Hall in Blacksmith’s Lane but you pay for food and drink and it’ll be open from 6.30pm to 11pm.
For more on the campaign, go to the Facebook page Save the Cabinet at Reed.
- 1 Adopt a street and keep it clean by joining Royston Wombles scheme
- 2 Family remembers teacher Frank who taught many how to swim
- 3 Crews tackle fires in residential street and industrial area
- 4 Arts Society's members' exhibition set to be 'biggest online show yet'
- 5 Young archaeologist Jake's delight at historic heath find
- 6 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 7 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 8 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 9 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert