Red Arrows to appear at Duxford Air Show 2013
- Credit: Archant
THE Red Arrows will bring the curtain down on this year’s Duxford Air Show.
Taking place this weekend, the show is the Imperial War Museum, Duxford’s biggest of the year, and the Red Arrows will be displaying their flying skills over the museum on Sunday afternoon.
They will be one of a number of aerobatic treats for visitors to the show. Opening Saturday’s flying display in gallic style is the Patrouille de France, the precision aerobatic display team of the French Air Force, who are one of the world’s most skilled demonstration teams.
Also present will be Mark Jeffries, who controls the skies from all angles in his Extra 330SC aircraft. Mark is based at Little Gransden airfield near Royston, and is nine-time British aerobatic champion. His dizzy aerobatics will have a jaw-dropping effect on air show audiences on Saturday and Sunday.
On the ground, visitors will be able to meet Colonel Richard Graham, who flew the SR-71 Blackbird which is now on display in the American Air Museum. Colonel Graham will be hosting walk-around tours of the SR-71 Blackbird in the American Air Museum at 10.30am and midday on both days of the air show. He will also be signing copies of his new book, SR-71: The Complete Illustrated History of the Blackbird.
You may also want to watch:
The show runs from 10am-6pm on both days. For details log on to www.iwm.org.uk
- 1 Royston photographer wins abstract picture competition
- 2 South Cambs MP launches new forum to champion local life sciences
- 3 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 4 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 5 Aircraft museum celebrates 85 years since the Spitfire's maiden flight
- 6 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 7 Shellens quits after committee votes to gag Hickford debate
- 8 Experts to discuss mental health at new online festival
- 9 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
- 10 Mental health support group encouraging you to #Walkandtalk