Recycling scheme gets award
INNOVATIVE waste management techniques have led to South Cambridgeshire District Council picking up a national award. The district council is part of the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Waste Partnership (RECAP), which scooped a Government Business Award
INNOVATIVE waste management techniques have led to South Cambridgeshire District Council picking up a national award.
The district council is part of the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Waste Partnership (RECAP), which scooped a Government Business Award at an awards event held at Arsenal's Emirates Stadium.
Cllr Sue Ellington portfolio holder for environmental services at the district council, said: "This project has successfully filled a gap in our recycling services for local businesses, providing practical solutions that go some way to matching the full range of recycling services that our residents benefit from. We are very pleased it has been nationally recognised and reward the efforts of those working on the project."
The winning scheme encourages local businesses to recycle their waste, including the setting up of recycling collections and the development of a useful guide to help small and medium sized businesses understand legislation and the waste services on offer.
You may also want to watch:
Representatives of RECAP were given their award by BBC news presenter Nick Owen
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 4 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 5 College chapel goes green to raise awareness of rare condition
- 6 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 8 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 9 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 10 Award-winning jazz singer Clare Teal and her sextet to play concert at Cambridge Arts Theatre