Record GCSE results for Freman College
STUDENTS and staff at Freman College are celebrating the college s best ever GCSE results this week. Eighty per cent of the 188 students taking their GCSEs this year achieved five or more A*-C grades, a four per cent increase on the college's previous bes
STUDENTS and staff at Freman College are celebrating the college's best ever GCSE results this week.
Eighty per cent of the 188 students taking their GCSEs this year achieved five or more A*-C grades, a four per cent increase on the college's previous best, while 60 per cent of students achieved five or more A*-C grades including English and mathematics.
Thirty per cent of all the results achieved were A* or A grades, yet another college record and a five per cent increase on last year, while a remarkable 16 students achieved 10 or more A and A* grades.
With 98 per cent of students passing at least five GCSEs, students of all abilities shared in the college's success.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Helen Loughran said: "I would really like to congratulate the students and their teachers for achieving these fantastic results which reflect an enormous amount of hard work, dedication and talent.
"Each year they have been at Freman they have heard how the older students have achieved record breaking results.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 9 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
"Now they have set a new record themselves. They should feel very proud."
The school said that in particular the Armond family must be feeling very proud and delighted this summer. Last week Head Boy Tom Armond achieved five A grades in his A levels and this week his younger sister Jenny achieved a clean sweep of 11 A* grades in her GCSEs.
The GCSE results included some outstanding performances by individual students:
Jennifer Armond 11 A*s
Laurel Chandler 11 A*s
Jo Nawrat 11 A*s
Ben Norris 11 A*s
Laura Grierson 10 A*s, 1A
Karen Meadows 10 A*s, 1A
Lucy Hewson 8 A*s, 3As
Olivia Tomkins 8 A*s, 3As
Matthew Giblin 7 A*s, 4 As
Rozanne Nolte 7 A*s, 4 As