Record crowd enjoys Royston Open Secrets 2014
- Credit: Archant
A record crowd saw Royston’s best business and community secrets on display last weekend.
The Royston Open Secrets exhibition at Therfield Heath on Sunday saw residents flock to see stands and displays from a variety of businesses, charities and community groups.
Organiser Linda Turner said: “I was thrilled and delighted to have another successful event.
“It was just amazing to see so many people on The Heath relaxing in the warm weather and enjoying themselves. Royston Open Secrets is now in its sixth year. Its primary focus is to provide an event which enables local businesses and community organisations in Royston and surrounding villages to showcase themselves to the residents of our wonderful town.”
The main exhibition was held in a grand marquee, while outside a classic car show and various other displays took place.
You may also want to watch:
A ‘best dressed stand’ competition was held, and judge Cllr Trisha Cowley, from North Herts District Council, awarded first prize to Post Your Parcels.
- 1 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 2 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 3 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 4 NHS Trust says vaccine figures offer hope as 40 per cent of Lister's patients have COVID-19
- 5 Hare coursers damaged farmer's crops in escape bid
- 6 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 7 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 8 The bells are back in town!
- 9 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 10 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation