Record crowd enjoys Royston Open Secrets 2014
- Credit: Archant
A record crowd saw Royston’s best business and community secrets on display last weekend.
The Royston Open Secrets exhibition at Therfield Heath on Sunday saw residents flock to see stands and displays from a variety of businesses, charities and community groups.
Organiser Linda Turner said: “I was thrilled and delighted to have another successful event.
“It was just amazing to see so many people on The Heath relaxing in the warm weather and enjoying themselves. Royston Open Secrets is now in its sixth year. Its primary focus is to provide an event which enables local businesses and community organisations in Royston and surrounding villages to showcase themselves to the residents of our wonderful town.”
The main exhibition was held in a grand marquee, while outside a classic car show and various other displays took place.
You may also want to watch:
A ‘best dressed stand’ competition was held, and judge Cllr Trisha Cowley, from North Herts District Council, awarded first prize to Post Your Parcels.
- 1 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 5 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 6 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 7 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 8 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 9 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 10 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator