Re-opening of Meldreth Primary School’s pool goes swimmingly
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at a village school made a splash as they celebrated the re-opening of the school’s swimming pool.
The pool at Meldreth Primary School has been renovated followed several years of fundraising by the school’s PTA.
A festival of fun was held in the school grounds earlier this month to celebrate the completion of work on the pool. Families swam and played traditional games, before enjoying a barbecue and camping on the school playing field.
Kate Samways, Senior Teacher at the school, said: “Swimming lessons during school time are always fun but this event allowed parents to witness the excitement for themselves. It was a brilliant relaxed afternoon and evening of pure fun.”
Events such as craft fairs and a sky dive helped raise the cash needed to renovate the pool, and funds are now being sought to improve changing facilities and pay for a new heating system.
You may also want to watch:
Emma Day-Small, chair of the PTA, said: “While the pool is now fully funded, it’s an ongoing commitment so fundraising will continue. This event was such a success, with a field full of tents, that plans are already being made for a repeat next year - if this takes hold, we’ll be bigger than Glastonbury.”
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 5 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 8 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 9 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter