Re-opening of Meldreth Primary School’s pool goes swimmingly
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at a village school made a splash as they celebrated the re-opening of the school’s swimming pool.
The pool at Meldreth Primary School has been renovated followed several years of fundraising by the school’s PTA.
A festival of fun was held in the school grounds earlier this month to celebrate the completion of work on the pool. Families swam and played traditional games, before enjoying a barbecue and camping on the school playing field.
Kate Samways, Senior Teacher at the school, said: “Swimming lessons during school time are always fun but this event allowed parents to witness the excitement for themselves. It was a brilliant relaxed afternoon and evening of pure fun.”
Events such as craft fairs and a sky dive helped raise the cash needed to renovate the pool, and funds are now being sought to improve changing facilities and pay for a new heating system.
You may also want to watch:
Emma Day-Small, chair of the PTA, said: “While the pool is now fully funded, it’s an ongoing commitment so fundraising will continue. This event was such a success, with a field full of tents, that plans are already being made for a repeat next year - if this takes hold, we’ll be bigger than Glastonbury.”
- 1 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 5 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 6 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 7 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 8 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 9 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 10 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals