Re-opening of Meldreth Primary School’s pool goes swimmingly
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at a village school made a splash as they celebrated the re-opening of the school’s swimming pool.
The pool at Meldreth Primary School has been renovated followed several years of fundraising by the school’s PTA.
A festival of fun was held in the school grounds earlier this month to celebrate the completion of work on the pool. Families swam and played traditional games, before enjoying a barbecue and camping on the school playing field.
Kate Samways, Senior Teacher at the school, said: “Swimming lessons during school time are always fun but this event allowed parents to witness the excitement for themselves. It was a brilliant relaxed afternoon and evening of pure fun.”
Events such as craft fairs and a sky dive helped raise the cash needed to renovate the pool, and funds are now being sought to improve changing facilities and pay for a new heating system.
You may also want to watch:
Emma Day-Small, chair of the PTA, said: “While the pool is now fully funded, it’s an ongoing commitment so fundraising will continue. This event was such a success, with a field full of tents, that plans are already being made for a repeat next year - if this takes hold, we’ll be bigger than Glastonbury.”
- 1 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 2 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 3 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 4 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 5 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 6 Wildlife photographer's lockdown calendar raises money for those in need
- 7 Families of care home residents worry about vaccine roll-out delays
- 8 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 9 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 10 Luton Airport flight path public consultation in final weeks