Ray Winstone video calls on public to support air ambulance charity
- Credit: Essex & Herts Air Ambulance Trust
Film star Ray Winstone has called for public support in the building of a new Air Ambulance base for a Hertfordshire charity.
Ray, the celebrity patron of Essex & Herts Air Ambulance, posted a video urging the public to: ‘‘Buy a brick or two or ten’’ as part of the charity’s ‘Buy a brick’ appeal.
Four virtual bricks are available, ranging from £10 to £100 and funds will go towards the building of the new base.
The bricks will form part of the walkway to the helicopter viewing area.
Pam Withrington, of EHAAT, described the new airbase as: "a vital part of securing the future of our lifesaving service for the people of Essex and Hertfordshire.”
You may also want to watch:
The EHAAT provides Helicopter Emergency Medical Services for the critically ill and injured in Essex and Hertfordshire.
With limited government funding, the organisation relies on public donations to meet its £750,000 a month running costs.
- 1 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 4 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 5 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 6 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 7 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 8 Campaigners write to MPs opposing trade deal which is of 'great concern to local people'
- 9 Mass vaccination centre in town 'first' to open next week
- 10 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes