Ram raid store gets a facelift
QUEENS ROAD store and post office in Royston has undergone a facelift after being the victim of a ram raid in June. Owners News Plus has spent thousands of pounds installing a new front and refurbishing the interior of the shop. Joint manager Eddie Seek
QUEENS ROAD store and post office in Royston has undergone a facelift after being the victim of a ram raid in June.
Owners News Plus has spent "thousands of pounds" installing a new front and refurbishing the interior of the shop.
Joint manager Eddie Seekings said: "Parts of the shop were demolished in the raid, so it has cost News Plus thousands of pounds to put right.
"The store has been transformed into one of the most inviting shops in the neighbourhood."
As reported in The Crow, raiders drove a 4 x 4 vehicle through the shop's front windows and dragged out a cash machine, destroying much of the shop's stock in the process.
Mr Seekings said he had had a lot of support from the community during the transformation of the store," which has taken three weeks to complete.
- 1 Street Food Heroes return to Royston
- 2 Last-ball victory keeps Reed on the rise up the Championship
- 3 Recap: Thameslink passengers urged to delay travel due to 'incidents'
- 4 Recap: Tree on the tracks disrupts London, Stansted and Cambridge trains
- 5 A-level results 2022: When is results day and what can I expect?
- 6 Grandad celebrates 18th sailing championship win
- 7 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 8 Hertfordshire under Met Office yellow warning for storms
- 9 Vintage tractor run to raise money for churches
- 10 Royston struggle to add second win to opening day success
Margaret Seekings, who is also joint manager, said: "We've been open throughout the repairs.
"It's been a bit hectic, but luckily it's the summer holidays so the children haven't been around as much.
"I think they've done a great job - the shop seems so much bigger even though we've got more products in than we had before.
"So far we've had a lot of positive comments from our customers.