Ram raid store gets a facelift
QUEENS ROAD store and post office in Royston has undergone a facelift after being the victim of a ram raid in June. Owners News Plus has spent thousands of pounds installing a new front and refurbishing the interior of the shop. Joint manager Eddie Seek
QUEENS ROAD store and post office in Royston has undergone a facelift after being the victim of a ram raid in June.
Owners News Plus has spent "thousands of pounds" installing a new front and refurbishing the interior of the shop.
Joint manager Eddie Seekings said: "Parts of the shop were demolished in the raid, so it has cost News Plus thousands of pounds to put right.
"The store has been transformed into one of the most inviting shops in the neighbourhood."
You may also want to watch:
As reported in The Crow, raiders drove a 4 x 4 vehicle through the shop's front windows and dragged out a cash machine, destroying much of the shop's stock in the process.
Mr Seekings said he had had a lot of support from the community during the transformation of the store," which has taken three weeks to complete.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 3 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 4 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 5 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 6 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 7 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Hallmark Trophy decided in close-run contest at Heydon Grange Golf Club
- 10 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
Margaret Seekings, who is also joint manager, said: "We've been open throughout the repairs.
"It's been a bit hectic, but luckily it's the summer holidays so the children haven't been around as much.
"I think they've done a great job - the shop seems so much bigger even though we've got more products in than we had before.
"So far we've had a lot of positive comments from our customers.