Ram raid hits
THIEVES caused “thousands of pounds” of damage when they stole a cash machine from a post office in the early hours of Tuesday.The raiders used a 4 x 4 vehicle to smash the front windows of the shop, in Queens Road, Royston.
THIEVES caused “thousands of pounds” of damage when they stole a cash machine from a post office in the early hours of Tuesday.
The raiders used a 4 x 4 vehicle to smash the front windows of the shop, in Queens Road, Royston.
A cash machine, which was bolted to the floor, was chained to the vehicle and dragged out, and the gang made off in the direction of Bassingbourn. It is thought nothing else was taken.
Brian Roberts, operations manager of Newsplus, which owns the shop, said: “There has been considerable damage to the shop. The entire front will need replacing, and while we don’t know the exact cost yet. It will run into thousands of pounds.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Roberts said the post office and newsagents were “fully operational” by yesterday.
The raiders are described as four white men with Irish accents.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 5 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 6 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 7 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 8 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 9 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 10 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
Anyone with information should contact Herts Police on 0845 3300222.
n In April a gang stole a ticket machine from Ashwell Station by chaining it to their vehicle and dragging it away.