Raising funds for Children in Need
A TEACHING assistant went under the razor for the first time in more than 40 years on Friday to raise cash for Children in Need.
Terry Hartga, who works at Icknield Walk First School in Royston, had his beard shaved off for the first time since 1968 in aid of the BBC’s annual charity appeal.
Children also took part in a non-uniform day, and brought their teddy bears to school, and a total of �460 was raised.
Pudsey Bear popped up all over Crow country, and was in Royston High Street on Saturday with members of the Rotary Club of Royston. Their collection raised �1,610.
Club president Chris Hardy said: “As in the past, the response from the public was absolutely marvellous.
You may also want to watch:
“It certainly helped to have Pudsey there. He was a great attraction for the youngsters who could not resist giving a donation.”
Earlier this year Pudsey enjoyed a day out at the Little Gransden Air and Car show, and organisers donated the proceeds from the show, �24,652, to Children in Need.
- 1 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 4 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 5 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 6 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 9 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 10 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
This Sunday, November 25, dancers at the Dance Matters studio will raising cash by attempting to learn a dance in a day.
This event will be held at Litlington Recreation Centre from 1pm, and visitors are welcome to attend. Interested dancers can contact organiser Naomi Wallen on 07957 103093, or via www.dance-matters.co.uk