Raising a glass to Royston beer festival
- Credit: Archant
A great day full of beer, bouncy castles and banter was had on Sunday as Royston Town Football Club hosted its 10th beer and music festival.
The event, held in the grounds of the club in Garden Walk, featured a host of live acts including The Undercovers, Starfish, Lipstick Torpedo and The Revivals.
Children got the chance to have a kickabout on the pitch before the grounds are returfed for next season.
The beer festival finished off a weekend of true revelry at the club.
On Friday, a football presentation was held for all the Royston adult teams.
On Saturday, Royston Soul Club hosted its annual soul night under a giant marquee.
Headlining were ‘70s and ‘80s chart sensation Odyssey, supported by Mr Soul and Soul in the City. Resident DJ Rising High Disco help keep the party going, playing long into the night.
- 1 Businessman talks overcoming mental health struggles and drug addiction
- 2 Advice to residents as COVID-19 cases spike in Royston
- 3 Melbourn Post Office reopens in new location
- 4 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 5 Garden centre introduces quiet grottos for children with autism
- 6 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 7 Happy Mondays to open 2022 UK tour with Cambridge Corn Exchange date
- 8 Passenger, Seasick Steve and Suzanne Vega among first acts announced for Cambridge Folk Festival 2022
- 9 E-fit image of indecent exposure suspect released by police
- 10 Royston town mayor praises community spirit in Christmas message