Railway underpass plan gives access to allotments
A SECOND draft plan has been drawn-up for a railway underpass. And now it is believed to show that allotment holders at Coombes Hole in Royston will have access to plots. There was concern over earlier proposals that just one entrance to the allotments wo
A SECOND draft plan has been drawn-up for a railway underpass.
And now it is believed to show that allotment holders at Coombes Hole in Royston will have access to plots.
There was concern over earlier proposals that just one entrance to the allotments would be retained.
The second plan has been shown to representatives from Royston Town Council and the allotment holders group.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking during a meeting of the town council's Premises committee on Monday evening, Cllr Lyn Berry said one unresolved question was over the laying of gas and electricity supplies.
It is still to be seen whether the supplies will be provided under the track or that land on the allotment site will be needed.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 6 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 7 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 8 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 9 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
Cllr Berry said that any disruption to the allotments would see the town council calling for compensation.
Cllr Rod Kennedy described the underpass which would link the Burns Road development and the rest of Royston as "vitally important.