Raiders steal cash from pensioner
A GANG stole cash from an elderly Buntingford man after breaking into his house on Tuesday night. The incident took place between 10pm and 10.15pm. Three men broke into the man s house, in Hare Street Road, by forcing the patio doors. Two of them searche
A GANG stole cash from an elderly Buntingford man after breaking into his house on Tuesday night.
The incident took place between 10pm and 10.15pm.
Three men broke into the man's house, in Hare Street Road, by forcing the patio doors.
Two of them searched the lounge while the third demanded money from the man, who is in his 80s.
You may also want to watch:
After he had found his wallet and handed over some money, the raiders left.
The victim was not harmed during the incident.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 4 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 5 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 8 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 9 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 10 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
Det Con Dave Taylor, who is investigating the crime, said: "I would appeal to anyone who can help with our inquiries to contact us without delay.
"If you were in the area and saw anyone acting suspiciously, please call us with details. Any information, no matter how small, could be vital to finding those responsible."
Anyone with information should call the Eastern Area Burglary and Robbery Unit on 01992 533271, or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.