Quizzers help raise £100 for Herts-based charity Mercy Ships at event organised by Royston Chamber of Commerce
- Credit: Archant
More than 80 people headed to Royston’s The Old Bull Inn in a charity battle of the ultimate quiz brains.
There were 14 teams in total on the night who all enjoyed a supper of pies, peas and prosecco and raised £100 for charity Mercy Ships.
The Herts-based charity provides the world’s largest charitable floating hospital to bring free medical care to some of the world’s poorest people.
Mixed Nuts were the winning team – formed by employees from Melbourn’s Walnut Medical and The Accountancy Practice in Royston.
Julia Brooks, chair of organisers at Royston Chamber of Commerce, said:
You may also want to watch:
“The evening was buzzing, we’re so pleased with how it all turned out. A special thank you to the The Old Bull Inn for providing us with a great venue and the delicious supper too.
“Also a big thank you to the quiz master, Julian Berry and everyone who took part and helped us to raise vital funds for Mercy Ships.
- 1 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 Herts libraries service could be transferred to public service mutual
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Chocks away! Phillips and Nunn bag Spitfire Salver at Heydon Grange Golf Club
“We’re looking forward to our next local event in June.”
Membership for the chamber is free for clubs and societies and £30 for businesses.
For more on Mercy Ships go to www.mercyships.org.uk/