Quizzers help raise £100 for Herts-based charity Mercy Ships at event organised by Royston Chamber of Commerce
- Credit: Archant
More than 80 people headed to Royston’s The Old Bull Inn in a charity battle of the ultimate quiz brains.
There were 14 teams in total on the night who all enjoyed a supper of pies, peas and prosecco and raised £100 for charity Mercy Ships.
The Herts-based charity provides the world’s largest charitable floating hospital to bring free medical care to some of the world’s poorest people.
Mixed Nuts were the winning team – formed by employees from Melbourn’s Walnut Medical and The Accountancy Practice in Royston.
Julia Brooks, chair of organisers at Royston Chamber of Commerce, said:
You may also want to watch:
“The evening was buzzing, we’re so pleased with how it all turned out. A special thank you to the The Old Bull Inn for providing us with a great venue and the delicious supper too.
“Also a big thank you to the quiz master, Julian Berry and everyone who took part and helped us to raise vital funds for Mercy Ships.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 8 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 9 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 10 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
“We’re looking forward to our next local event in June.”
Membership for the chamber is free for clubs and societies and £30 for businesses.
For more on Mercy Ships go to www.mercyships.org.uk/