Quiz night fun will help Royston Volunteer Centre continue its vital work
- Credit: Archant
Royston Volunteer Centre manager Denise Graham’s regular look at the voluntary sector in North East Herts
At the Volunteer Centre we provide services to people in our community by guiding them to the local organisation, group or sports club that is right for them. We have lots of feedback to show how volunteering has changed the lives of so many individuals.
We also support local groups and voluntary organisations, not just by sending them volunteers, but by providing advice, information, training and support.
But we are also a charity – one that helps other charities every day – and in the current funding climate it’s crucial for us to continue this support.
Volunteering has a two way benefit. While helping to improve life for others, you’ll get something out of the experience for yourself. There’s nothing wrong with that – volunteering is a ‘win-win’ thing.
You may also want to watch:
We thought we would apply that principle to our fundraising and have come up with a way that you can help support us to provide our services and have a fun evening for yourself!
Come and join us for our quiz evening with quiz master Steve Gourd on Friday, April 22.
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 3 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 4 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Suspected arsonist held after health centre fire
- 7 Constituency boundary review - have you had your say?
- 8 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
Doors open at 7pm for a 7.30pm start at the parish hall of St Thomas’ Catholic church in Melbourn Road, Royston.
It’s £5 per person in teams of between four and eight, and as well as great raffle prizes there will be a case of wine for the winners and the runners-up.
Nibbles and light refreshments will be provided, and you can bring your own drinks.
Contact our trustee Cathy Brownjohn for tickets – and to notify us of your chosen team name, if possible – at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can find the Royston & District Volunteer Centre in the Royston Town Hall Annexe, Melbourn Street, Royston, SG8 7DA
Phone 01763 243020, email email@example.com or visit the website at www.roystonvolunteer.org.uk