Queues on the A505 after car ends up in ditch between Royston and Baldock
A DRIVER had a lucky escape when his car left the A505 and ended up in a ditch earlier today. Emergency services were called to scene, near the Greenfield services on the westbound carriageway of the A505 between Royston and Baldock, at 8.07am this mornin
A DRIVER had a lucky escape when his car left the A505 and ended up in a ditch earlier today.
Emergency services were called to scene, near the Greenfield services on the westbound carriageway of the A505 between Royston and Baldock, at 8.07am this morning.
Ambulance crews from Letchworth and Royston attended the incident.
Gary Sanderson, spokesman for the ambulance service, said: "The man was unable to get out of his vehicle as the door was jammed against the ditch.
You may also want to watch:
"Paramedics assisted him out of the car and he was thoroughly checked over before he was taken to the Lister hospital in Stevenage with minor injuries."
One lane of the A505 was closed temporarily by police while the car was recovered, causing tailbacks.
- 1 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 2 Royston photographer wins abstract picture competition
- 3 South Cambs MP launches new forum to champion local life sciences
- 4 Experts to discuss mental health at new online festival
- 5 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 6 Councillors gagged by threat of 'personal litigation' ahead of farmgate debate
- 7 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 8 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 9 COVID-19: Literary festival event to mark anniversary of first lockdown
- 10 'Utterly extraordinary' says Lib Dem leader of disgraced deputy leader's criticisms