Queues on the A505 after car ends up in ditch between Royston and Baldock
A DRIVER had a lucky escape when his car left the A505 and ended up in a ditch earlier today. Emergency services were called to scene, near the Greenfield services on the westbound carriageway of the A505 between Royston and Baldock, at 8.07am this mornin
A DRIVER had a lucky escape when his car left the A505 and ended up in a ditch earlier today.
Emergency services were called to scene, near the Greenfield services on the westbound carriageway of the A505 between Royston and Baldock, at 8.07am this morning.
Ambulance crews from Letchworth and Royston attended the incident.
Gary Sanderson, spokesman for the ambulance service, said: "The man was unable to get out of his vehicle as the door was jammed against the ditch.
You may also want to watch:
"Paramedics assisted him out of the car and he was thoroughly checked over before he was taken to the Lister hospital in Stevenage with minor injuries."
One lane of the A505 was closed temporarily by police while the car was recovered, causing tailbacks.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 4 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 9 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 10 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe