Queues on the A505 after car ends up in ditch between Royston and Baldock
A DRIVER had a lucky escape when his car left the A505 and ended up in a ditch earlier today. Emergency services were called to scene, near the Greenfield services on the westbound carriageway of the A505 between Royston and Baldock, at 8.07am this mornin
A DRIVER had a lucky escape when his car left the A505 and ended up in a ditch earlier today.
Emergency services were called to scene, near the Greenfield services on the westbound carriageway of the A505 between Royston and Baldock, at 8.07am this morning.
Ambulance crews from Letchworth and Royston attended the incident.
Gary Sanderson, spokesman for the ambulance service, said: "The man was unable to get out of his vehicle as the door was jammed against the ditch.
"Paramedics assisted him out of the car and he was thoroughly checked over before he was taken to the Lister hospital in Stevenage with minor injuries."
One lane of the A505 was closed temporarily by police while the car was recovered, causing tailbacks.
- 1 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 2 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 3 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 4 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 5 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 6 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 7 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 8 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 9 Meldreth mental health cancer support charity appoints first patron
- 10 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages