Put the kettle on for MacMillan
KETTLES have been boiling across Crow Country this morning as people mark the world s biggest coffee morning.The event, arranged by MacMillan Cancer Support, The Crow s charity of the year, has seen people enjoying a hot drink and piece of cake while don
KETTLES have been boiling across Crow Country this morning as people mark the world's biggest coffee morning.
The event, arranged by MacMillan Cancer Support, The Crow's charity of the year, has seen people enjoying a hot drink and piece of cake while donating cash to the charity.
Vera Bishop, of Pedlar's Lane, Therfield, is aiming to beat the �600 she raised last year.
Speaking to The Crow earlier today, she said: "So many people are touched by cancer, and the work of the MacMillan nurses is invaluable.
You may also want to watch:
"It's been a good turn out this morning, everyone in the village has been very supportive, so hopefully we will beat last year's total, which was a record."
Meanwhile staff at The Meridian School in Royston have also been taking part, and raised over �100.
- 1 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 5 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 6 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 7 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 8 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 9 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 10 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
A school spokesman said: "Staff wore green, brought in cakes and donated generously towards research carried out by Macmillan.
All the students had a chance to do their bit too, with the Sixth formers buying cakes and biscuits and the rest of the students donating money during their lunch break.