Pupils make a splash in re-opened pool
PTA funds help with refurbishment
Pupils at Steeple Morden School have been making a splash by enjoying the re-opening of their school swimming pool.
The original pool dated back to the 1970s, but developed structural problems and was closed in 2006.
A series of fund raising events was organised by the PTA, including a school ball, fetes, bonfire nights, a fun run, treasure hunts, quiz nights, and bingo and cake sales, and �35,000 was raised.
School bursar Justine Henderson said: “We want to thank the PTA and local community for their support.”
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Richard Lloyd said: “We’re very excited that we can do our curriculum swimming on site and also offer recreational swimming after school.”
The pool is open after school, at weekends, and during summer holidays. It is used by the SMASH club, an after school and holiday club, which is open to children aged four-11.
- 1 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 2 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 3 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 4 COVID-19 figures falling in North Herts and South Cambs
- 5 Warning as more residents targeted by scam police calls
- 6 The bells are back in town!
- 7 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 8 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 9 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 10 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
It is also available for hire during the summer. Contact the school on 01763 852474.