Pupils make a splash in re-opened pool
PTA funds help with refurbishment
Pupils at Steeple Morden School have been making a splash by enjoying the re-opening of their school swimming pool.
The original pool dated back to the 1970s, but developed structural problems and was closed in 2006.
A series of fund raising events was organised by the PTA, including a school ball, fetes, bonfire nights, a fun run, treasure hunts, quiz nights, and bingo and cake sales, and �35,000 was raised.
School bursar Justine Henderson said: “We want to thank the PTA and local community for their support.”
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Richard Lloyd said: “We’re very excited that we can do our curriculum swimming on site and also offer recreational swimming after school.”
The pool is open after school, at weekends, and during summer holidays. It is used by the SMASH club, an after school and holiday club, which is open to children aged four-11.
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 3 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 4 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 5 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 6 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 7 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 8 Wildlife enthusiast wins photographic society's 'print of the year'
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
It is also available for hire during the summer. Contact the school on 01763 852474.