Pupils make a splash in re-opened pool
PTA funds help with refurbishment
Pupils at Steeple Morden School have been making a splash by enjoying the re-opening of their school swimming pool.
The original pool dated back to the 1970s, but developed structural problems and was closed in 2006.
A series of fund raising events was organised by the PTA, including a school ball, fetes, bonfire nights, a fun run, treasure hunts, quiz nights, and bingo and cake sales, and �35,000 was raised.
School bursar Justine Henderson said: “We want to thank the PTA and local community for their support.”
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Richard Lloyd said: “We’re very excited that we can do our curriculum swimming on site and also offer recreational swimming after school.”
The pool is open after school, at weekends, and during summer holidays. It is used by the SMASH club, an after school and holiday club, which is open to children aged four-11.
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 3 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 4 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 5 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 6 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 7 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 8 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 9 Man who climbed on Tesco freezer jailed for string of offences
- 10 Three household waste collection crews suspended
It is also available for hire during the summer. Contact the school on 01763 852474.