Pupils look for inspiration after arrival of mystery trunk
A TRUNK was mysteriously delivered to pupils at a Steeple Morden Primary School – to inspire them to write. Pupils were presented with the trunk at an assembly and took part in discussions to find out its background. Literacy co-ordinator, Victoria Penty
A TRUNK was mysteriously delivered to pupils at a Steeple Morden Primary School - to inspire them to write.
Pupils were presented with the trunk at an assembly and took part in discussions to find out its background.
Literacy co-ordinator, Victoria Penty said: "The children didn't know what to make of it. They got very excited."
Following a debate, the pupils decided to open the trunk where they found a range of objects inside.
You may also want to watch:
They were encouraged to write posters, lists and stories following the discovery.
"We are trying to get their imaginations going," said Mrs Penty.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 7 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 8 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Charlie and Stan slapstick homage riffs on the pair's clowning skills at Cambridge Arts Theatre
A propeller from an aircraft also suddenly appeared at the school.
Mrs Penty said: "We are concentrating on writing so we are trying to get them to write more, focus on creativity and to make them realise school is an exciting place to be.
"The curriculum can be quite dry so we are trying to make writing relevant and make them see why they are writing."
Staff and pupils are now trying to discover the owner of the trunk.