Pupils in prayer garden project
A PROJECT which involved every pupil at a school has been completed. Work to create a prayer garden at St Mary s RC School in Royston began at the end of the last year. Pupils at the school played a part in the planning process and then parent volunteer
A PROJECT which involved every pupil at a school has been completed.
Work to create a prayer garden at St Mary's RC School in Royston began at the end of the last year.
Pupils at the school played a part in the planning process and then parent volunteers took on the job of building the garden.
Funding for the project came from the school, the parish and businesses.
Head teacher Robert Dunbar said: "The idea was to create a quiet space for the pupils.
"The project involved everyone at the school and was a real community project.
- 1 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 2 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 3 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 4 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 5 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 6 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 7 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 8 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 9 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 10 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
"It represents an outward sign of what the school is all about, being a real family.