Pupils get the benefit of Foxton Art Exhibition’s growing success
- Credit: Archant
Organisers of Foxton Art Exhibition have hailed the weekend-long event as a great success after hundreds of people turned out to admire the work of 70 exhibiting artists.
There was a wide variety of work on show during the weekend, from oil painting to glassware and wood turning to water colour.
The exhibition was such a hit that it attracted a crowd of 200 people on the preview evening alone.
Jane Price, one of the organisers, said: “The exhibition was a great success and we were delighted to receive some excellent comments from our visitors about the high standards of the art and the excellent way in which it was displayed.”
The event raised a total of £3,500 for Foxton Primary School.
You may also want to watch:
Textile artist Alison White tweeted: “The Foxton Art Exhibition is fabulous – all the exhibits have been displayed with care.
“A big thank you to the organizers and the delightful children that served canapes to the visitors on the preview evening.”
- 1 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 2 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 5 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 6 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 7 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
- 8 A mental health first aider offers advice on coping during lockdown
- 9 'We're breaking' - Lister Hospital staff 'tearful' and 'on their knees' as COVID cases double
- 10 Tribute to beloved mum, friend and artist Debbie Horabin
The art exhibition, which won the South Cambs District Council Arts Award in 2012, has gone from strength to strength over the last few years.
To keep up to date with future events, visit the website at www.foxtonart.org.