Pupils get busy on science day
Day-long programme on the appliance of science
THE appliance of science was revealed to pupils at a Royston school this week.
Icknield Walk first school in Royston held a science day, during which all pupils in the school got the chance to sample various scientific experiments.
School governer and parent Dr Derren Ready, who works at University College London Hospital, was one of several parents who came in to oversee the various activities.
He explained: “We had a couple of activites dedicated to solving mysteries using science - sort of like CSI Icknield!
You may also want to watch:
“The children also looked at the shape and size of bubbles, and how different fruits float and sink depending on the conditions.”
- 1 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 2 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 3 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 7 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
- 8 Tribute to beloved mum, friend and artist Debbie Horabin
- 9 Political row over South Cambs new town proposal
- 10 Thief pleads guilty to assaulting two people