Pupils get busy on science day
Day-long programme on the appliance of science
THE appliance of science was revealed to pupils at a Royston school this week.
Icknield Walk first school in Royston held a science day, during which all pupils in the school got the chance to sample various scientific experiments.
School governer and parent Dr Derren Ready, who works at University College London Hospital, was one of several parents who came in to oversee the various activities.
He explained: “We had a couple of activites dedicated to solving mysteries using science - sort of like CSI Icknield!
You may also want to watch:
“The children also looked at the shape and size of bubbles, and how different fruits float and sink depending on the conditions.”
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 3 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 5 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 6 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 7 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 8 Man who climbed on Tesco freezer jailed for string of offences
- 9 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 10 Colney Heath in line for promotion after FA decide to restructure non-league pyramid