Pupils complete police course
YEAR 4 pupils at Studlands Rise First School in Royston have been presented with certificates after successfully completing Hertfordshire police s Operation Citizenship programme. Held over five weeks, Operation Citizenship is an extra-curricular course w
YEAR 4 pupils at Studlands Rise First School in Royston have been presented with certificates after successfully completing Hertfordshire police's Operation Citizenship programme.
Held over five weeks, Operation Citizenship is an extra-curricular course which aims to educate children about crime and the work of the emergency services through a series of fun exercises.
Almost all of the children took part and their efforts were rewarded as Royston's Youth and Schools Police Community Support Officer (PCSO) Alanna Robinson handed out their certificates.
And two lucky children, Kaitlan Saward and Lewis Warner, will also get the chance to visit Herts Police headquarters in Welwyn Garden City next month, where they will get to see firearms, try on riot gear and meet some police dogs.
You may also want to watch:
Deputy head teacher Pat Morritt said: "The children have been enthusiastic and committed to taking part in all the activities."
And PCSO Robinson added: "We had lots of entries which was really good.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 5 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 6 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 9 Parents' tribute to caring community as they continue push for new specialist facilities
- 10 Thatcher returns after 30 years to repair cottage where he met his wife
"They have been very enthusiastic and keen to learn.