Pupils complete police course
YEAR 4 pupils at Studlands Rise First School in Royston have been presented with certificates after successfully completing Hertfordshire police s Operation Citizenship programme. Held over five weeks, Operation Citizenship is an extra-curricular course w
YEAR 4 pupils at Studlands Rise First School in Royston have been presented with certificates after successfully completing Hertfordshire police's Operation Citizenship programme.
Held over five weeks, Operation Citizenship is an extra-curricular course which aims to educate children about crime and the work of the emergency services through a series of fun exercises.
Almost all of the children took part and their efforts were rewarded as Royston's Youth and Schools Police Community Support Officer (PCSO) Alanna Robinson handed out their certificates.
And two lucky children, Kaitlan Saward and Lewis Warner, will also get the chance to visit Herts Police headquarters in Welwyn Garden City next month, where they will get to see firearms, try on riot gear and meet some police dogs.
You may also want to watch:
Deputy head teacher Pat Morritt said: "The children have been enthusiastic and committed to taking part in all the activities."
And PCSO Robinson added: "We had lots of entries which was really good.
- 1 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 5 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 6 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 7 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 8 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 9 Crows to take defeats on the chin after unbeaten run comes to a frustrating end
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
"They have been very enthusiastic and keen to learn.