Pupils brush up on dental care
CHILDREN at Steeple Morden Primary School have been getting lessons in oral hygiene from a dentist. Staff from Ashwell Dentist Surgery visited the school to talk to the pupils about the importance of healthy teeth and gums. Dipen Shah, practice manager, s
CHILDREN at Steeple Morden Primary School have been getting lessons in oral hygiene from a dentist.
Staff from Ashwell Dentist Surgery visited the school to talk to the pupils about the importance of healthy teeth and gums.
Dipen Shah, practice manager, said: "We gave an oral health talk, which was about ensuring that the children know how to brush properly, and to make sure they get the technique right at a young age.
"In dentistry the commonly held view is that prevention is better than intervention, so we want to get children into good habits now, which will last for the rest of their lives."
You may also want to watch:
Pupils took part in a range of games and activities relating to keeping their teeth healthy.
Mr Shah said: "The children were generally very receptive to what we were telling them.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
- 10 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
"It's nice to be able to give something back to the community."
- Ashwell Dentist Surgery is hoping to provide similar talks on dental care to other schools in the area.
- For more information call 01462 742353