Pupils brush up on dental care
CHILDREN at Steeple Morden Primary School have been getting lessons in oral hygiene from a dentist. Staff from Ashwell Dentist Surgery visited the school to talk to the pupils about the importance of healthy teeth and gums. Dipen Shah, practice manager, s
CHILDREN at Steeple Morden Primary School have been getting lessons in oral hygiene from a dentist.
Staff from Ashwell Dentist Surgery visited the school to talk to the pupils about the importance of healthy teeth and gums.
Dipen Shah, practice manager, said: "We gave an oral health talk, which was about ensuring that the children know how to brush properly, and to make sure they get the technique right at a young age.
"In dentistry the commonly held view is that prevention is better than intervention, so we want to get children into good habits now, which will last for the rest of their lives."
You may also want to watch:
Pupils took part in a range of games and activities relating to keeping their teeth healthy.
Mr Shah said: "The children were generally very receptive to what we were telling them.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 6 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 7 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 8 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms
"It's nice to be able to give something back to the community."
- Ashwell Dentist Surgery is hoping to provide similar talks on dental care to other schools in the area.
- For more information call 01462 742353