Pupils all aboard Beatles’ submarine
IT was a hard day s night for pupils at St Mary s School in Royston when they performed Beatles songs in their school play Yellow Mustard. The production, based on the music of the Beatles, followed the crew of the yellow submarine on a voyage of discover
IT was a hard day's night for pupils at St Mary's School in Royston when they performed Beatles songs in their school play Yellow Mustard.
The production, based on the music of the Beatles, followed the crew of the yellow submarine on a voyage of discovery.
The Year 6 children performed hits such as Yellow Submarine and Penny Lane to an audience of parents on Tuesday evening.
Teacher Gavin Pearce said: "The children did themselves proud. The sets and costumes also looked superb."
You may also want to watch:
While all the songs were released long before the performers were born, several children have been getting a helping hand learning their lines.
Mr Pearce said: "The Beatles' music is so famous that several of the children knew it well already, and I think a few had their parents practising with them, playing the CDs and teaching them the words.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 3 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 4 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 5 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 8 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
- 10 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash