Pupils all aboard Beatles’ submarine
IT was a hard day s night for pupils at St Mary s School in Royston when they performed Beatles songs in their school play Yellow Mustard. The production, based on the music of the Beatles, followed the crew of the yellow submarine on a voyage of discover
IT was a hard day's night for pupils at St Mary's School in Royston when they performed Beatles songs in their school play Yellow Mustard.
The production, based on the music of the Beatles, followed the crew of the yellow submarine on a voyage of discovery.
The Year 6 children performed hits such as Yellow Submarine and Penny Lane to an audience of parents on Tuesday evening.
Teacher Gavin Pearce said: "The children did themselves proud. The sets and costumes also looked superb."
You may also want to watch:
While all the songs were released long before the performers were born, several children have been getting a helping hand learning their lines.
Mr Pearce said: "The Beatles' music is so famous that several of the children knew it well already, and I think a few had their parents practising with them, playing the CDs and teaching them the words.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 7 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 8 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show