‘Public inquiry likely’ for Royston’s Therfield Heath land swap plans
- Credit: Archant
A public inquiry into the Therfield Heath land swap saga could be held after the people of Royston and the surrounding area submitted their views to the Planning Inspectorate.
The Conservators of Therfield Heath and Greens submitted an application to deregister land near to Briary Lane and Sun Hill under section 16 of the Commons Act 2006 and swap it with woodland of the same size to the west of New Road near Therfield.
The clerk to the Conservators, David Smith, said that profit from selling off the land to housing developers would go into sports facilities and the general running of the heath.
The plans received a mixed response by Crow readers, with both praise and criticism for the swap, and the Planning Inspectorate wrote to those who had submitted their views to confirm whether they would be willing to attend and speak if a hearing was held.
A Planning Inspectorate spokesman told the Crow this morning: “The application is still ongoing.
You may also want to watch:
“We have received represenations and comments and it is likely there will be public inquiry. The decision should be made in the next 21 days whether this goes ahead.”
He also said it is not known when the public inquiry would be at this stage.
- 1 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 Herts libraries service could be transferred to public service mutual
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Chocks away! Phillips and Nunn bag Spitfire Salver at Heydon Grange Golf Club
• See this week’s Crow for another extended postbag special.