Public gives its support to spring bulb initiative
MORE than 100 people gave their support towards Royston in Bloom s spring bulb initiative. Members of the committee set up a stall at the recent Sunday Farmers Market – and the public could purchase daffodil bulbs which will be planted in locations aroun
MORE than 100 people gave their support towards Royston in Bloom's spring bulb initiative.
Members of the committee set up a stall at the recent Sunday Farmers' Market - and the public could purchase daffodil bulbs which will be planted in locations around the area.
The bulbs cost 20 pence each or six for £1.
The Royston in Bloom committee is still to decide on the exact locations although it did receive suggestions on areas which could be included in the planting programme.
Committee member Angela Louch said the idea was to "brighten an area of the town" next spring.
The committee is looking for volunteers with "ideas, enthusiasm and practical application".
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 3 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 5 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 6 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 7 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 8 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme
- 9 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 10 Citizens Advice: Getting your budget back on track
- For details on Royston in Bloom call Royston Town Hall on 01763 245484.