Public gives its support to spring bulb initiative
MORE than 100 people gave their support towards Royston in Bloom s spring bulb initiative. Members of the committee set up a stall at the recent Sunday Farmers Market – and the public could purchase daffodil bulbs which will be planted in locations aroun
MORE than 100 people gave their support towards Royston in Bloom's spring bulb initiative.
Members of the committee set up a stall at the recent Sunday Farmers' Market - and the public could purchase daffodil bulbs which will be planted in locations around the area.
The bulbs cost 20 pence each or six for £1.
The Royston in Bloom committee is still to decide on the exact locations although it did receive suggestions on areas which could be included in the planting programme.
Committee member Angela Louch said the idea was to "brighten an area of the town" next spring.
The committee is looking for volunteers with "ideas, enthusiasm and practical application".
- 1 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 2 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 3 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
- 4 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
- 5 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 6 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
- 7 Bringing sunshine to our NHS - charity launches match funding to double money
- 8 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 9 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 10 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- For details on Royston in Bloom call Royston Town Hall on 01763 245484.