Public gives its support to spring bulb initiative
MORE than 100 people gave their support towards Royston in Bloom s spring bulb initiative. Members of the committee set up a stall at the recent Sunday Farmers Market – and the public could purchase daffodil bulbs which will be planted in locations aroun
MORE than 100 people gave their support towards Royston in Bloom's spring bulb initiative.
Members of the committee set up a stall at the recent Sunday Farmers' Market - and the public could purchase daffodil bulbs which will be planted in locations around the area.
The bulbs cost 20 pence each or six for £1.
The Royston in Bloom committee is still to decide on the exact locations although it did receive suggestions on areas which could be included in the planting programme.
You may also want to watch:
Committee member Angela Louch said the idea was to "brighten an area of the town" next spring.
The committee is looking for volunteers with "ideas, enthusiasm and practical application".
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 6 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 7 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- For details on Royston in Bloom call Royston Town Hall on 01763 245484.