Public gives its support to spring bulb initiative
MORE than 100 people gave their support towards Royston in Bloom s spring bulb initiative. Members of the committee set up a stall at the recent Sunday Farmers Market – and the public could purchase daffodil bulbs which will be planted in locations aroun
MORE than 100 people gave their support towards Royston in Bloom's spring bulb initiative.
Members of the committee set up a stall at the recent Sunday Farmers' Market - and the public could purchase daffodil bulbs which will be planted in locations around the area.
The bulbs cost 20 pence each or six for £1.
The Royston in Bloom committee is still to decide on the exact locations although it did receive suggestions on areas which could be included in the planting programme.
You may also want to watch:
Committee member Angela Louch said the idea was to "brighten an area of the town" next spring.
The committee is looking for volunteers with "ideas, enthusiasm and practical application".
- 1 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 5 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 6 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 9 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 10 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- For details on Royston in Bloom call Royston Town Hall on 01763 245484.