Public can shape plan
A PUBLIC consultation has been launched over the future of waste planning. The move comes at a time when Herts County Council is looking at alternatives from using landfill sites. County councillor Derrick Ashley, executive member for planning and extern
A PUBLIC consultation has been launched over the future of waste planning.
The move comes at a time when Herts County Council is looking at alternatives from using landfill sites.
County councillor Derrick Ashley, executive member for planning and external relations said there were "important decisions" to be made about waste planning.
Cllr Ashley said: "In the past we have taken much of our waste out of the county to be processed.
"This is no longer an option," he said.
He continued that decisions for the future included the potential of waste treatment facilities.
- 1 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 2 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 3 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 4 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 5 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 6 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 7 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 8 Former heavyweight boxing champ to support hospice with charity dinner
- 9 'We must learn to live with Covid' says health secretary on Plan B's end
- 10 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
The consultation reports have ruled out Lumen Road in Royston as being a site only for business use.
And the Sainsbury depot site in Buntingford has been ruled out, too, as has the Watermill industrial estate in Buntingford.
Under exisiting facilities the household waste recycling site in York Way, Royston, will be retained as a "safeguarded site".
Public consultation will begin on January 28 and ends on March 10.
n Three documents covering the waste plans are available on www.hertsdirect.org/wasteplanningconsultation