Public can shape plan
A PUBLIC consultation has been launched over the future of waste planning. The move comes at a time when Herts County Council is looking at alternatives from using landfill sites. County councillor Derrick Ashley, executive member for planning and extern
A PUBLIC consultation has been launched over the future of waste planning.
The move comes at a time when Herts County Council is looking at alternatives from using landfill sites.
County councillor Derrick Ashley, executive member for planning and external relations said there were "important decisions" to be made about waste planning.
Cllr Ashley said: "In the past we have taken much of our waste out of the county to be processed.
You may also want to watch:
"This is no longer an option," he said.
He continued that decisions for the future included the potential of waste treatment facilities.
- 1 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 6 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 7 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Hospitality Action Day: Some of your favourite local pubs, restaurants and cafés
The consultation reports have ruled out Lumen Road in Royston as being a site only for business use.
And the Sainsbury depot site in Buntingford has been ruled out, too, as has the Watermill industrial estate in Buntingford.
Under exisiting facilities the household waste recycling site in York Way, Royston, will be retained as a "safeguarded site".
Public consultation will begin on January 28 and ends on March 10.
n Three documents covering the waste plans are available on www.hertsdirect.org/wasteplanningconsultation