Pub gets go-ahead for longer hours
THE Boar s Head in Royston can now remain open until 2.30am at weekends. North Herts District Council s licensing and appeals committee made the decision after the pub submitted an application in September for a variation of the premises licence. The pubs
THE Boar's Head in Royston can now remain open until 2.30am at weekends.
North Herts District Council's licensing and appeals committee made the decision after the pub submitted an application in September for a variation of the premises licence.
The pubs new opening hours are 10am-12.30am Sundays to Wednesdays, 10am-1.30am on Thursdays and 10am-2.30am on Fridays and Saturdays.
Pub manager Matt Brazier said: "From our point of view we have a nice civilised customer basis so this will just give us greater flexibility and the option to stay open longer if we require it."
The pub can also play live music on Wednesdays-Sundays until 11pm if they wish to do so. There are, however, volume restrictions.
- 1 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 2 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 3 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 4 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 6 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 7 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 8 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 9 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 10 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon