Pub gets go-ahead for longer hours
THE Boar s Head in Royston can now remain open until 2.30am at weekends. North Herts District Council s licensing and appeals committee made the decision after the pub submitted an application in September for a variation of the premises licence. The pubs
THE Boar's Head in Royston can now remain open until 2.30am at weekends.
North Herts District Council's licensing and appeals committee made the decision after the pub submitted an application in September for a variation of the premises licence.
The pubs new opening hours are 10am-12.30am Sundays to Wednesdays, 10am-1.30am on Thursdays and 10am-2.30am on Fridays and Saturdays.
Pub manager Matt Brazier said: "From our point of view we have a nice civilised customer basis so this will just give us greater flexibility and the option to stay open longer if we require it."
You may also want to watch:
The pub can also play live music on Wednesdays-Sundays until 11pm if they wish to do so. There are, however, volume restrictions.
- 1 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 2 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 5 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 6 Govia Thameslink makes £700,000 railway station accessibility improvements
- 7 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 8 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 9 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 10 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant