'Psychotic episode' of woman who drowned
A FOXTON woman whose daughter fell from a hotel balcony during a holiday in Majorca, later suffered an acute psychotic episode, an inquest has heard. At the inquest, which was held at Huntingdon Coroner s Court yesterday (Wednesday), coroner David Morris
A FOXTON woman whose daughter fell from a hotel balcony during a holiday in Majorca, later suffered an acute psychotic episode, an inquest has heard.
At the inquest, which was held at Huntingdon Coroner's Court yesterday (Wednesday), coroner David Morris recorded that Sara Cooper, of Foxton, "drowned whilst experiencing an acute psychotic episode."
Mrs Cooper's body was found in a cave on a beach in Majorca on October 24 last year.
Two days earlier, her daughter, Gianna Cooper, seven, had plunged 30 feet from the balcony of a room at the Hotel Samoa, where Mrs Cooper was staying with her husband, Ian, their two sons, and Gianna.
Gianna suffered a ruptured liver, broken jaw, and head injuries in the fall.
She remained in a medically induced coma for a week after the incident, but has now made a full recovery.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
- 3 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 4 Royston Bloomsday marks 100th anniversary of James Joyce's novel
- 5 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 6 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 7 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge view portrait of themselves at Fitzwilliam Museum
- 8 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 9 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
- 10 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
The inquest heard that it remains unknown how she came to fall from the balcony.