'Psychotic episode' of woman who drowned
A FOXTON woman whose daughter fell from a hotel balcony during a holiday in Majorca, later suffered an acute psychotic episode, an inquest has heard. At the inquest, which was held at Huntingdon Coroner s Court yesterday (Wednesday), coroner David Morris
A FOXTON woman whose daughter fell from a hotel balcony during a holiday in Majorca, later suffered an acute psychotic episode, an inquest has heard.
At the inquest, which was held at Huntingdon Coroner's Court yesterday (Wednesday), coroner David Morris recorded that Sara Cooper, of Foxton, "drowned whilst experiencing an acute psychotic episode."
Mrs Cooper's body was found in a cave on a beach in Majorca on October 24 last year.
Two days earlier, her daughter, Gianna Cooper, seven, had plunged 30 feet from the balcony of a room at the Hotel Samoa, where Mrs Cooper was staying with her husband, Ian, their two sons, and Gianna.
You may also want to watch:
Gianna suffered a ruptured liver, broken jaw, and head injuries in the fall.
She remained in a medically induced coma for a week after the incident, but has now made a full recovery.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
The inquest heard that it remains unknown how she came to fall from the balcony.