'Psychotic episode' of woman who drowned
A FOXTON woman whose daughter fell from a hotel balcony during a holiday in Majorca, later suffered an acute psychotic episode, an inquest has heard. At the inquest, which was held at Huntingdon Coroner s Court yesterday (Wednesday), coroner David Morris
A FOXTON woman whose daughter fell from a hotel balcony during a holiday in Majorca, later suffered an acute psychotic episode, an inquest has heard.
At the inquest, which was held at Huntingdon Coroner's Court yesterday (Wednesday), coroner David Morris recorded that Sara Cooper, of Foxton, "drowned whilst experiencing an acute psychotic episode."
Mrs Cooper's body was found in a cave on a beach in Majorca on October 24 last year.
Two days earlier, her daughter, Gianna Cooper, seven, had plunged 30 feet from the balcony of a room at the Hotel Samoa, where Mrs Cooper was staying with her husband, Ian, their two sons, and Gianna.
You may also want to watch:
Gianna suffered a ruptured liver, broken jaw, and head injuries in the fall.
She remained in a medically induced coma for a week after the incident, but has now made a full recovery.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 9 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
The inquest heard that it remains unknown how she came to fall from the balcony.