Protesters gather as exhibition put on show for solar farm plans in Guilden Morden
- Credit: Archant
People were invited to have their say and to ask questions about plans for a solar farm development in Guilden Morden.
The public consultation event was held by solar energy company UKSP last week.
The proposal covers a 242-acre area at Rectory Farm and the company say a community fund would be set up to support local good causes during its 25 year lifeline.
The company plan to grow crops alongside the solar panels in a process known as agrivoltaics.
Protesters keen to stop the solar farm development made their voices clearly heard outside the exhibition venue in the village hall in Fox Hill Road on Friday.
You may also want to watch:
The protest group, made up of local people, also attended consultation exhibitions held at Wrestlingworth and Tadlow for similar development proposals.
Each farm is under the ownership of the Wentzel Partnership.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 4 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 7 Thatcher returns after 30 years to repair cottage where he met his wife
- 8 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 9 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 10 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire