Project face lift for church
A HISTORIC church is being given a facelift by dedicated volunteers.
The Fowlmere United Reformed Church has been given a new lease of life with a team donating materials and their time to Project Facelift to bring the 230-year-old building into the 21st century.
Many people are unaware of its location and a special sign was unveiled at the weekend to point people towards the church.
Rev Carol Pearl said: “Obviously we’re very enthusiastic about it. We’re a small village and we’re growing which is lovely. But because our church doesn’t look exactly as people would expect a church to look, some have asked us what the building is.”
The sign was fully designed by the team and all the materials were donated.
You may also want to watch:
It was specially unveiled on Sunday by the minister and parishioners.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 4 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 7 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 8 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 9 Thatcher returns after 30 years to repair cottage where he met his wife
- 10 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire