Project face lift for church
A HISTORIC church is being given a facelift by dedicated volunteers.
The Fowlmere United Reformed Church has been given a new lease of life with a team donating materials and their time to Project Facelift to bring the 230-year-old building into the 21st century.
Many people are unaware of its location and a special sign was unveiled at the weekend to point people towards the church.
Rev Carol Pearl said: “Obviously we’re very enthusiastic about it. We’re a small village and we’re growing which is lovely. But because our church doesn’t look exactly as people would expect a church to look, some have asked us what the building is.”
The sign was fully designed by the team and all the materials were donated.
You may also want to watch:
It was specially unveiled on Sunday by the minister and parishioners.
- 1 Sunset Starlight Walk returning after year of cancelled events for hospice
- 2 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 3 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 4 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 5 MP calls for illegal parking clamp-down, as council makes civil enforcement plans
- 6 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 7 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 8 Hifields to bring world-class artists and 6,000 festival-goers to Cambridgeshire countryside
- 9 Car wash raids spark modern slavery fears in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable