Project face lift for church
A HISTORIC church is being given a facelift by dedicated volunteers.
The Fowlmere United Reformed Church has been given a new lease of life with a team donating materials and their time to Project Facelift to bring the 230-year-old building into the 21st century.
Many people are unaware of its location and a special sign was unveiled at the weekend to point people towards the church.
Rev Carol Pearl said: “Obviously we’re very enthusiastic about it. We’re a small village and we’re growing which is lovely. But because our church doesn’t look exactly as people would expect a church to look, some have asked us what the building is.”
The sign was fully designed by the team and all the materials were donated.
You may also want to watch:
It was specially unveiled on Sunday by the minister and parishioners.
- 1 Royston man celebrates 100th birthday after recovering from COVID-19
- 2 Have your say on A505 Litlington turning proposals
- 3 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 4 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree
- 5 Hickford quits Manor Farm on eve of damning report
- 6 Mental health support group encouraging you to #Walkandtalk
- 7 Sandon mum's joy at publication of first novel
- 8 18 rescued from back of refrigerated lorry
- 9 £100m from This Land could be 'Never Land'
- 10 Aspiring young photographers take part in 'wild nature' competition