Project face lift for church
A HISTORIC church is being given a facelift by dedicated volunteers.
The Fowlmere United Reformed Church has been given a new lease of life with a team donating materials and their time to Project Facelift to bring the 230-year-old building into the 21st century.
Many people are unaware of its location and a special sign was unveiled at the weekend to point people towards the church.
Rev Carol Pearl said: “Obviously we’re very enthusiastic about it. We’re a small village and we’re growing which is lovely. But because our church doesn’t look exactly as people would expect a church to look, some have asked us what the building is.”
The sign was fully designed by the team and all the materials were donated.
You may also want to watch:
It was specially unveiled on Sunday by the minister and parishioners.
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 4 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 5 College chapel goes green to raise awareness of rare condition
- 6 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 7 Dial M for an interesting look at the macabre
- 8 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 10 Award-winning jazz singer Clare Teal and her sextet to play concert at Cambridge Arts Theatre