Principal ‘delighted’ with Bassingbourn Village College’s best ever GCSE exam results
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at Bassingbourn Village College are celebrating their GCSE results after 75 per cent gained five or more passes at A* to C, ranking them among the top achievers in the country.
Principal Duncan Cooper said: “We are absolutely delighted. These are our best ever results and reflect the hard work and excellent relationships our staff and pupils share.
“These results put us among the top achieving schools in the county. We are all very pleased.”
One third of the Bassingbourn results came in at A* or A, with almost half the pupils gaining three or more passes at A*-A. The school was particularly pleased with students sitting Latin for the first time, who all got an A.
Chair of governors Ken Murphy said: ”I’d like to say well done to all the staff and pupils in achieving such great results. It’s a just reward for all their hard work.”
You may also want to watch:
High achievers included Saul Bailey, Fran Boschetty, Katie Brace, Rivers Cook, Thomas Greenlaw, Georgina Morris, Charles Pearson, Nathalie Thompson, Brodie Weir, Mya Chapman and Samantha Tate who all achieved at least 10 A* or As.
- 1 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 2 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 3 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 4 COVID-19 figures falling in North Herts and South Cambs
- 5 Warning as more residents targeted by scam police calls
- 6 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 7 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 8 The bells are back in town!
- 9 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 10 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn