Principal ‘delighted’ with Bassingbourn Village College’s best ever GCSE exam results
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at Bassingbourn Village College are celebrating their GCSE results after 75 per cent gained five or more passes at A* to C, ranking them among the top achievers in the country.
Principal Duncan Cooper said: “We are absolutely delighted. These are our best ever results and reflect the hard work and excellent relationships our staff and pupils share.
“These results put us among the top achieving schools in the county. We are all very pleased.”
One third of the Bassingbourn results came in at A* or A, with almost half the pupils gaining three or more passes at A*-A. The school was particularly pleased with students sitting Latin for the first time, who all got an A.
Chair of governors Ken Murphy said: ”I’d like to say well done to all the staff and pupils in achieving such great results. It’s a just reward for all their hard work.”
You may also want to watch:
High achievers included Saul Bailey, Fran Boschetty, Katie Brace, Rivers Cook, Thomas Greenlaw, Georgina Morris, Charles Pearson, Nathalie Thompson, Brodie Weir, Mya Chapman and Samantha Tate who all achieved at least 10 A* or As.
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 5 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 6 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 7 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 8 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 9 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 10 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation