Prince Andrew visits technology firm
PRINCE Andrew called in on a Melbourn firm yesterday. His Royal Highness The Duke of York visited TTP Group, based at Melbourn Science Park. The visit followed the announcement that TTP, who develop cutting edge digital products, had won the Queen s Awa
PRINCE Andrew called in on a Melbourn firm yesterday.
His Royal Highness The Duke of York visited TTP Group, based at Melbourn Science Park.
The visit followed the announcement that TTP, who develop cutting edge digital products, had won the Queen's Award for Enterprise in the International Trade Category. It is the second time they have claimed the prize.
Peter Taylor, the firms Chief Executive, said: "We were delighted to welcome His Royal Highness. Winning the Queen's Award for the second time is due to our exceptional staff and their contribution to our business over the years."
You may also want to watch:
After being welcomed by Mr Taylor and Gerald Avison, TTP's Chairman, the prince was taken on a tour of the laboratories and manufacturing facilities, witnessing some of the products the company are currently working on.
He also took time out to chat to staff about their work.
- 1 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 2 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 5 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 6 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 7 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 8 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 9 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 10 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life