Prince Andrew visits technology firm
PRINCE Andrew called in on a Melbourn firm yesterday. His Royal Highness The Duke of York visited TTP Group, based at Melbourn Science Park. The visit followed the announcement that TTP, who develop cutting edge digital products, had won the Queen s Awa
PRINCE Andrew called in on a Melbourn firm yesterday.
His Royal Highness The Duke of York visited TTP Group, based at Melbourn Science Park.
The visit followed the announcement that TTP, who develop cutting edge digital products, had won the Queen's Award for Enterprise in the International Trade Category. It is the second time they have claimed the prize.
Peter Taylor, the firms Chief Executive, said: "We were delighted to welcome His Royal Highness. Winning the Queen's Award for the second time is due to our exceptional staff and their contribution to our business over the years."
You may also want to watch:
After being welcomed by Mr Taylor and Gerald Avison, TTP's Chairman, the prince was taken on a tour of the laboratories and manufacturing facilities, witnessing some of the products the company are currently working on.
He also took time out to chat to staff about their work.
- 1 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 2 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 3 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 4 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 5 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 6 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 7 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 8 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 9 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 10 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash