Primary school gears up for 150th birthday
- Credit: Archant
A VILLAGE school will celebrate its 150th anniversary tomorrow, Friday.
Thriplow Church of England Primary School is 150 years old this week, and to mark the occasion children will be dressing up and and will all receive a special gift. The school’s PTA has also been working hard to develop the outside area so that the children will have a nature garden open on the day.
Headt eacher Victoria Penty said: “The school has played a very important role in the village and local area for the past 150 years. We would love to hear from anyone who has had a connection to the school during that time.
“Please contact the School Office on 01763 208213, or firstname.lastname@example.org, if you would like to be part of our celebrations or have memories to share.”
As the school looks forward to the future, it is holding an Open Morning on Thursday October 17 between 9.30am-noon.
You may also want to watch:
“If you are interested in sending your child to a successful Church of England School in idyllic rural surroundings, please contact us,” said Mrs Penty.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 3 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 4 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 5 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 6 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 10 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win