Primary school gears up for 150th birthday
- Credit: Archant
A VILLAGE school will celebrate its 150th anniversary tomorrow, Friday.
Thriplow Church of England Primary School is 150 years old this week, and to mark the occasion children will be dressing up and and will all receive a special gift. The school’s PTA has also been working hard to develop the outside area so that the children will have a nature garden open on the day.
Headt eacher Victoria Penty said: “The school has played a very important role in the village and local area for the past 150 years. We would love to hear from anyone who has had a connection to the school during that time.
“Please contact the School Office on 01763 208213, or email@example.com, if you would like to be part of our celebrations or have memories to share.”
As the school looks forward to the future, it is holding an Open Morning on Thursday October 17 between 9.30am-noon.
“If you are interested in sending your child to a successful Church of England School in idyllic rural surroundings, please contact us,” said Mrs Penty.
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 2 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 3 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 4 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 5 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 6 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 7 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 8 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 9 Imperial War Museums launches first ever IWM Live event at Duxford this year
- 10 Gripping retelling of Blood Brothers coming to the ADC Theatre in Cambridge