Price increase at Leisure Centre
PRICES at Royston Leisure Centre are to increase from Friday April 1.
Casual use of the swimming pool at peak times for a member will go up from �3 to �3.60, with an increase from �4.20 to �4.60.
An off-peak price for a member to use the pool was �2.80 and is now �3 while it now stands at �4.20 from �4 for non-members.
An annual swimming-only non-member charge was �240 but will go up to �260.
Fares will also increase for lane hires, party hire, spectators, and lessons at the Woodcock Road facility.
You may also want to watch:
Vaughan Watson, Head of Leisure and Environmental Services at NHDC, said: “The decision was made jointly by NHDC and Stevenage Leisure Ltd, which manages Royston Leisure Centre, to increase some of our charges for using the facilities above the rate of inflation.
“Despite this increase, we will still be effectively subsidising each individual using the facilities. What these new charges do is decrease the burden on the Council Tax payer, who might not be using our pool, and offsetting that by increasing the amount people pay each time they use the facilities.
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 3 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 4 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 5 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 7 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 8 Man who climbed on Tesco freezer jailed for string of offences
- 9 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 10 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
“Hopefully residents will agree that this is a fairer way of spreading the costs of running our pools>”
For more information on the prices call the centre on 01763 255190.