Price increase at Leisure Centre
PRICES at Royston Leisure Centre are to increase from Friday April 1.
Casual use of the swimming pool at peak times for a member will go up from �3 to �3.60, with an increase from �4.20 to �4.60.
An off-peak price for a member to use the pool was �2.80 and is now �3 while it now stands at �4.20 from �4 for non-members.
An annual swimming-only non-member charge was �240 but will go up to �260.
Fares will also increase for lane hires, party hire, spectators, and lessons at the Woodcock Road facility.
You may also want to watch:
Vaughan Watson, Head of Leisure and Environmental Services at NHDC, said: “The decision was made jointly by NHDC and Stevenage Leisure Ltd, which manages Royston Leisure Centre, to increase some of our charges for using the facilities above the rate of inflation.
“Despite this increase, we will still be effectively subsidising each individual using the facilities. What these new charges do is decrease the burden on the Council Tax payer, who might not be using our pool, and offsetting that by increasing the amount people pay each time they use the facilities.
- 1 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 2 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 3 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 7 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
- 8 Tribute to beloved mum, friend and artist Debbie Horabin
- 9 Political row over South Cambs new town proposal
- 10 Thief pleads guilty to assaulting two people
“Hopefully residents will agree that this is a fairer way of spreading the costs of running our pools>”
For more information on the prices call the centre on 01763 255190.