Price increase at Leisure Centre
PRICES at Royston Leisure Centre are to increase from Friday April 1.
Casual use of the swimming pool at peak times for a member will go up from �3 to �3.60, with an increase from �4.20 to �4.60.
An off-peak price for a member to use the pool was �2.80 and is now �3 while it now stands at �4.20 from �4 for non-members.
An annual swimming-only non-member charge was �240 but will go up to �260.
Fares will also increase for lane hires, party hire, spectators, and lessons at the Woodcock Road facility.
Vaughan Watson, Head of Leisure and Environmental Services at NHDC, said: “The decision was made jointly by NHDC and Stevenage Leisure Ltd, which manages Royston Leisure Centre, to increase some of our charges for using the facilities above the rate of inflation.
“Despite this increase, we will still be effectively subsidising each individual using the facilities. What these new charges do is decrease the burden on the Council Tax payer, who might not be using our pool, and offsetting that by increasing the amount people pay each time they use the facilities.
- 1 New mayor elected in historic moment for Royston Town Council
- 2 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 3 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 4 Reed's National Village Cup hopes ended in nail-biting finale
- 5 Garden centre to host royal treat for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 6 Children invited to take part in town trail for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 7 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 8 Family-run bridalwear shop closes down after 23 years
- 9 Royston Scouts raise money to attend jamboree in Korea
- 10 Last veterans of the 6th Airborne Division honoured in poignant IWM Duxford exhibition
“Hopefully residents will agree that this is a fairer way of spreading the costs of running our pools>”
For more information on the prices call the centre on 01763 255190.