Price increase at Leisure Centre
PRICES at Royston Leisure Centre are to increase from Friday April 1.
Casual use of the swimming pool at peak times for a member will go up from �3 to �3.60, with an increase from �4.20 to �4.60.
An off-peak price for a member to use the pool was �2.80 and is now �3 while it now stands at �4.20 from �4 for non-members.
An annual swimming-only non-member charge was �240 but will go up to �260.
Fares will also increase for lane hires, party hire, spectators, and lessons at the Woodcock Road facility.
You may also want to watch:
Vaughan Watson, Head of Leisure and Environmental Services at NHDC, said: “The decision was made jointly by NHDC and Stevenage Leisure Ltd, which manages Royston Leisure Centre, to increase some of our charges for using the facilities above the rate of inflation.
“Despite this increase, we will still be effectively subsidising each individual using the facilities. What these new charges do is decrease the burden on the Council Tax payer, who might not be using our pool, and offsetting that by increasing the amount people pay each time they use the facilities.
- 1 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 4 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 5 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 6 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 9 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
“Hopefully residents will agree that this is a fairer way of spreading the costs of running our pools>”
For more information on the prices call the centre on 01763 255190.