Price increase at Leisure Centre
PRICES at Royston Leisure Centre are to increase from Friday April 1.
Casual use of the swimming pool at peak times for a member will go up from �3 to �3.60, with an increase from �4.20 to �4.60.
An off-peak price for a member to use the pool was �2.80 and is now �3 while it now stands at �4.20 from �4 for non-members.
An annual swimming-only non-member charge was �240 but will go up to �260.
Fares will also increase for lane hires, party hire, spectators, and lessons at the Woodcock Road facility.
You may also want to watch:
Vaughan Watson, Head of Leisure and Environmental Services at NHDC, said: “The decision was made jointly by NHDC and Stevenage Leisure Ltd, which manages Royston Leisure Centre, to increase some of our charges for using the facilities above the rate of inflation.
“Despite this increase, we will still be effectively subsidising each individual using the facilities. What these new charges do is decrease the burden on the Council Tax payer, who might not be using our pool, and offsetting that by increasing the amount people pay each time they use the facilities.
- 1 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 2 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 3 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 4 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Suspected arsonist held after health centre fire
- 7 Constituency boundary review - have you had your say?
- 8 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
“Hopefully residents will agree that this is a fairer way of spreading the costs of running our pools>”
For more information on the prices call the centre on 01763 255190.