Praise for interesting curriculum
IMPROVING standards at a village school have been praised by inspectors. Ofsted inspectors visited Therfield First School earlier this year, and in their report praised it as an outstandingly effective school much appreciated by parents and children
IMPROVING standards at a village school have been praised by inspectors.
Ofsted inspectors visited Therfield First School earlier this year, and in their report praised it as "an outstandingly effective school much appreciated by parents and children".
Headteacher Linda Meredith said she was "extremely proud" of the findings.
She said: "This is a strong and fair reflection of the commitment and hard work of everyone involved.
You may also want to watch:
"A party was held after the end-of-term assembly so that staff, governors, students and parents could celebrate the school's fantastic achievement."
The inspectors found that "the vast majority of children achieve extremely well. This applies equally to all groups of children including those who find learning difficult, and those with particular gifts or talents."
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 9 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 10 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
They also praised the schools curriculum for having "an exceptionally interesting range of activities both during and beyond the school day, which provides an extremely well-balanced education.