Praise for interesting curriculum
IMPROVING standards at a village school have been praised by inspectors. Ofsted inspectors visited Therfield First School earlier this year, and in their report praised it as an outstandingly effective school much appreciated by parents and children
IMPROVING standards at a village school have been praised by inspectors.
Ofsted inspectors visited Therfield First School earlier this year, and in their report praised it as "an outstandingly effective school much appreciated by parents and children".
Headteacher Linda Meredith said she was "extremely proud" of the findings.
She said: "This is a strong and fair reflection of the commitment and hard work of everyone involved.
You may also want to watch:
"A party was held after the end-of-term assembly so that staff, governors, students and parents could celebrate the school's fantastic achievement."
The inspectors found that "the vast majority of children achieve extremely well. This applies equally to all groups of children including those who find learning difficult, and those with particular gifts or talents."
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 4 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge
They also praised the schools curriculum for having "an exceptionally interesting range of activities both during and beyond the school day, which provides an extremely well-balanced education.