Praise for interesting curriculum
IMPROVING standards at a village school have been praised by inspectors. Ofsted inspectors visited Therfield First School earlier this year, and in their report praised it as an outstandingly effective school much appreciated by parents and children
IMPROVING standards at a village school have been praised by inspectors.
Ofsted inspectors visited Therfield First School earlier this year, and in their report praised it as "an outstandingly effective school much appreciated by parents and children".
Headteacher Linda Meredith said she was "extremely proud" of the findings.
She said: "This is a strong and fair reflection of the commitment and hard work of everyone involved.
"A party was held after the end-of-term assembly so that staff, governors, students and parents could celebrate the school's fantastic achievement."
The inspectors found that "the vast majority of children achieve extremely well. This applies equally to all groups of children including those who find learning difficult, and those with particular gifts or talents."
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 3 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 4 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 5 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 7 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme
- 8 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 9 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 10 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
They also praised the schools curriculum for having "an exceptionally interesting range of activities both during and beyond the school day, which provides an extremely well-balanced education.