Praise for district council
SOUTH Cambridgeshire district council has received another boost from a Government watchdog. The council is performing well , according to the latest findings of the Audit Commission. Assessing the way the council uses its resources, the commission gave
SOUTH Cambridgeshire district council has received another boost from a Government watchdog.
The council is "performing well", according to the latest findings of the Audit Commission.
Assessing the way the council uses its resources, the commission gave it a three-out-of-four rating.
The district council's finance portfolio holder, Cllr Tony Orgee, said: "This is excellent news, not just for staff and councillors, who work hard to deliver the best possible services, but for residents as well
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Orgee added that it was "vital" that the council continued to make best use of its resources during the current economic crisis.
- 1 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 4 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 5 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 6 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 7 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 8 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 9 Campaigners write to MPs opposing trade deal which is of 'great concern to local people'
- 10 Mass vaccination centre in town 'first' to open next week