Praise for district council
SOUTH Cambridgeshire district council has received another boost from a Government watchdog. The council is performing well , according to the latest findings of the Audit Commission. Assessing the way the council uses its resources, the commission gave
SOUTH Cambridgeshire district council has received another boost from a Government watchdog.
The council is "performing well", according to the latest findings of the Audit Commission.
Assessing the way the council uses its resources, the commission gave it a three-out-of-four rating.
The district council's finance portfolio holder, Cllr Tony Orgee, said: "This is excellent news, not just for staff and councillors, who work hard to deliver the best possible services, but for residents as well
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Orgee added that it was "vital" that the council continued to make best use of its resources during the current economic crisis.
- 1 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 2 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 5 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 6 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 7 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 8 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 9 Govia Thameslink makes £700,000 railway station accessibility improvements
- 10 Amateur drama society takes online show to Welwyn Festival