Disruption to train services after major power cut
- Credit: Archant
There is disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink rail services after a major power cut in the south east of the UK.
The outage - which has affected rail services and airports - happened at about 5.30pm.
UK Power Networks said: "We're aware of a power cut affecting a large area of London and the south east due to an incident on the national transmission system."
Power is now back on in some parts, but trains are still affected - and services may be cancelled, delayed or revised until the end of the day.
UPDATE 6.50pm: Great Northern have tweeted: "Our advice right now is do not travel. We are unable to provide a service at present, please delay your journey for now and check back for updates.
You may also want to watch:
"It is not clear at this point when services will be restored."
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 9 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 10 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire