Disruption to train services after major power cut
- Credit: Archant
There is disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink rail services after a major power cut in the south east of the UK.
The outage - which has affected rail services and airports - happened at about 5.30pm.
UK Power Networks said: "We're aware of a power cut affecting a large area of London and the south east due to an incident on the national transmission system."
Power is now back on in some parts, but trains are still affected - and services may be cancelled, delayed or revised until the end of the day.
UPDATE 6.50pm: Great Northern have tweeted: "Our advice right now is do not travel. We are unable to provide a service at present, please delay your journey for now and check back for updates.
You may also want to watch:
"It is not clear at this point when services will be restored."
- 1 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 5 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 6 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 7 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 8 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 9 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 10 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity