Disruption to train services after major power cut
- Credit: Archant
There is disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink rail services after a major power cut in the south east of the UK.
The outage - which has affected rail services and airports - happened at about 5.30pm.
UK Power Networks said: "We're aware of a power cut affecting a large area of London and the south east due to an incident on the national transmission system."
Power is now back on in some parts, but trains are still affected - and services may be cancelled, delayed or revised until the end of the day.
UPDATE 6.50pm: Great Northern have tweeted: "Our advice right now is do not travel. We are unable to provide a service at present, please delay your journey for now and check back for updates.
You may also want to watch:
"It is not clear at this point when services will be restored."
- 1 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 5 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 6 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 Parents' tribute to caring community as they continue push for new specialist facilities
- 9 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 10 Thatcher returns after 30 years to repair cottage where he met his wife