Power back on in Bassingbourn after overnight problems caused by ‘high voltage overhead line’
- Credit: Archant
An overnight power cut which left some homes in Bassingbourn and the surrounding area without electricity has now been resolved.
According to UK Power Networks, the power cut was first reported just after 4am this morning – with a “high voltage overhead electricity line fault” believed to be the cause.
Parts of the SG8 postcode area were affected, including Bassinbourn, Litlington, Guilden Morden and Wendy.
UK Power Networks are now reporting that the power is back on, with the problem resolved in the past hour.
Bassingbourn Primary School had been affected, and tweeted this morning: “Dear all parents! There is a lack of power in the village which has caused the school to be without power, we are also without phone lines.”
You may also want to watch:
“We are waiting for it to be fixed but still business as usual! Board games!”
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme