Posters give building site safety message
CONSTRUCTION sites are not playgrounds. That s the message from a group of Bassingbourn Primary School pupils who designed posters for a competition. The competition was organised by building firm Lovell as part of an ongoing campaign to raise awareness a
CONSTRUCTION sites are not playgrounds.
That's the message from a group of Bassingbourn Primary School pupils who designed posters for a competition.
The competition was organised by building firm Lovell as part of an ongoing campaign to raise awareness among youngsters that they should never play on construction sites.
Darryl Hammond, the company's health and safety manager, visited the school with the Lovell's hard hat mascots Lenny and Laura, who presented the children with book token prizes.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Ann Jackson, said: "The visits were very beneficial because they increased the children's understanding of the dangers of building sites, and this was very evident in their fantastic posters which they designed."
Mr Hammond said: "The standard of entries was excellent and we were really impressed with the designs.
- 1 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 2 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 3 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 4 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 5 Pupils become journalists for class topic
- 6 Publish and be damned: 'farmgate' report goes to the vote
- 7 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 8 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
- 9 Pupils to return to school as lockdown restrictions ease
- 10 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
"Helping children to understand the potential dangers that playing on a construction site can present is one of our top priorities and these events help us to get this serious message across in a fun way."
Lovell is currently in Bassingbourn working on a �1.9million development of 20 new affordable homes at The Causeway.
All the posters designed by the pupils will now be displayed on the site's hoardings.