Post office services consultation extended
A CONSULTATION period on the future of post office services in a village is to be extended. Arrington Post Office, housed at the Hardwicke Arms Hotel in the village, will be closed as part of restructuring of the post office network. Currently it is being
A CONSULTATION period on the future of post office services in a village is to be extended.
Arrington Post Office, housed at the Hardwicke Arms Hotel in the village, will be closed as part of restructuring of the post office network.
Currently it is being proposed that an outreach service will be made available at the nearby community rooms in Clifden Close from noon-2pm on Tuesdays.
In a statement, the Post Office said: "The further public consultation launched today seeks views on the possible options of the outreach service in Arrington.
"The decision to replace the existing branch is not being re-consulted."
The consultation period will now end on January 29.
- 1 Firefighters tackle large blaze in field in Guilden Morden
- 2 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 3 Herts' 'league of extraordinary farmers' come together to fight field fires
- 4 Author AJ Campbell to publish fourth novel
- 5 Melbourn's Dan Goodfellow hails 'extra-special' Commonwealth gold
- 6 9 things to do on a day trip to Hitchin, Hertfordshire
- 7 Residents concerned 140 homes plan could cause 'ecological catastrophe'
- 8 Royston Kite Festival expected to attract thousands
- 9 Johnson Matthey to build £80 million 'gigafactory' in Royston
- 10 Double murderer Ian Stewart has whole life order reduced
Anyone wishing to submit their views on the future of the office should write to National Consultation Team, Post Office Ltd, Freepost Consultation Team, or send an email to: email@example.com.