Possible opening date set for Royston’s Banyers Hotel as redevelopment plans submitted
- Credit: Archant
A Royston hotel could re-open in Spring 2015 if plans to redevelop the site are approved.
The Banyers hotel, in Melbourn Street, has stood empty since December 2012, but was purchased in January by a new company, Banyers Ltd, and is being redeveloped by Beechdale Homes.
Work has been going on at the site ever since, and a planning application for an extension and internal alterations to the Grade II Listed Building has now been submitted to North Herts District Council.
Martin Jackson, managing director of Beechdale Homes, said: “The plans submitted to the council have taken on board many considerations from important local employers Johnson Matthey, the local Chamber of Commerce and with potential end users such as wedding planners. We have also worked closely with our Consultant Chef taking on board all comments, I think our Architect has come up with a functional building which will not only provide all that you would expect from a well-designed hotel, but also creates a relaxing environment to enjoy on a daily basis for both business and leisure.”
According to Beechdale, the new-look Banyers will be a ‘boutique hotel with gastro dining for all’.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Jackson said: “Subject to Planning Permission being granted, it was hoped that the Banyers Hotel would once again be open for business in the Spring of 2015.”
- 1 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 7 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 8 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 9 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire
- 10 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays