Possible opening date set for Royston’s Banyers Hotel as redevelopment plans submitted
- Credit: Archant
A Royston hotel could re-open in Spring 2015 if plans to redevelop the site are approved.
The Banyers hotel, in Melbourn Street, has stood empty since December 2012, but was purchased in January by a new company, Banyers Ltd, and is being redeveloped by Beechdale Homes.
Work has been going on at the site ever since, and a planning application for an extension and internal alterations to the Grade II Listed Building has now been submitted to North Herts District Council.
Martin Jackson, managing director of Beechdale Homes, said: “The plans submitted to the council have taken on board many considerations from important local employers Johnson Matthey, the local Chamber of Commerce and with potential end users such as wedding planners. We have also worked closely with our Consultant Chef taking on board all comments, I think our Architect has come up with a functional building which will not only provide all that you would expect from a well-designed hotel, but also creates a relaxing environment to enjoy on a daily basis for both business and leisure.”
According to Beechdale, the new-look Banyers will be a ‘boutique hotel with gastro dining for all’.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Jackson said: “Subject to Planning Permission being granted, it was hoped that the Banyers Hotel would once again be open for business in the Spring of 2015.”
- 1 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 2 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 3 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 4 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 5 Parents struggling with homeschooling to get boost from book donors
- 6 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 7 COVID-19 figures falling in North Herts and South Cambs
- 8 Ambulance boss steps down after battling 'severe coronavirus'
- 9 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 10 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn