Bassingbourn salon hosts Poppy Appeal fundraiser
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
The team at a Bassingbourn hair salon have held a fundraising day to raise money for The Royal British Legion.
Jen Harper organised the Poppy Appeal fundraiser with her team at Harpers Hair, including senior stylist Julie Turner, on Friday.
On the day, men could get their hair cut for a donation to the Poppy Appeal – something that was taken up by Crow photographer Danny Loo.
The team – who dressed up as landgirls for the day – also offered cakes for a donation.
Julie told the Crow: “We have collected £267.71 in donations from the wonderful locals in Bassingbourn.
You may also want to watch:
“We have had a great day with fantastic support and are very proud to donate to the war heroes from then and now.”
To find out more on Cambridgeshire branches of the RBL go to counties.britishlegion.org.uk/counties/cambridgeshire and for the Royston branch go to http://branches.britishlegion.org.uk/branches/royston.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 4 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 5 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 6 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 7 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 10 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire