Bassingbourn salon hosts Poppy Appeal fundraiser
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
The team at a Bassingbourn hair salon have held a fundraising day to raise money for The Royal British Legion.
Jen Harper organised the Poppy Appeal fundraiser with her team at Harpers Hair, including senior stylist Julie Turner, on Friday.
On the day, men could get their hair cut for a donation to the Poppy Appeal – something that was taken up by Crow photographer Danny Loo.
The team – who dressed up as landgirls for the day – also offered cakes for a donation.
Julie told the Crow: “We have collected £267.71 in donations from the wonderful locals in Bassingbourn.
You may also want to watch:
“We have had a great day with fantastic support and are very proud to donate to the war heroes from then and now.”
To find out more on Cambridgeshire branches of the RBL go to counties.britishlegion.org.uk/counties/cambridgeshire and for the Royston branch go to http://branches.britishlegion.org.uk/branches/royston.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 3 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange