Bassingbourn salon hosts Poppy Appeal fundraiser
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
The team at a Bassingbourn hair salon have held a fundraising day to raise money for The Royal British Legion.
Jen Harper organised the Poppy Appeal fundraiser with her team at Harpers Hair, including senior stylist Julie Turner, on Friday.
On the day, men could get their hair cut for a donation to the Poppy Appeal – something that was taken up by Crow photographer Danny Loo.
The team – who dressed up as landgirls for the day – also offered cakes for a donation.
Julie told the Crow: “We have collected £267.71 in donations from the wonderful locals in Bassingbourn.
“We have had a great day with fantastic support and are very proud to donate to the war heroes from then and now.”
To find out more on Cambridgeshire branches of the RBL go to counties.britishlegion.org.uk/counties/cambridgeshire and for the Royston branch go to http://branches.britishlegion.org.uk/branches/royston.
- 1 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 2 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 3 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 4 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 5 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 6 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 7 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 8 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 9 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure