Police will not tolerate’ breaking of booze ban
POLICE will not tolerate people breaking the booze ban in Royston town centre. The warning comes from Sgt Pete Frost in a reminder about the alcohol banning order in the area. We will not tolerate anyone breaching the order and we will take action agains
POLICE will not tolerate people breaking the booze ban in Royston town centre.
The warning comes from Sgt Pete Frost in a reminder about the alcohol banning order in the area.
"We will not tolerate anyone breaching the order and we will take action against those under-18 who consume alcohol, and on adults consuming alcohol in the area," he said.
The ban introduced in November last year covers Melbourn Street, Priory Lane, Barkway Street, Jepps Lane, George Lane, Fish Hill, the Priory Memorial Gardens and the grounds of Royston Parish Church.
You may also want to watch:
Under the banning order police are allowed to:
- confiscate alcohol from anyone under the age of 18
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- confiscate alcohol from anyone police have reasonable grounds for believing has been consuming alcohol in the designated place or failing to surrender alcohol
"Members need to be aware that there is a ban in place," said Sgt Frost.
He added: "The ban is in place to help improve the quality of life for the people of Royston and we will take action against those who do not adhere to that.