Police warning over scam
POLICE have set up an investigation after a Royston taxi company became the victim of a scam. The firm was called to an address in Shruberry Grove, Royston, on June 20 and asked to collect a parcel. The taxi driver was met outside by a man who persuaded h
POLICE have set up an investigating after a Royston taxi company became the victim of a scam.
The firm was called to an address in Shruberry Grove, Royston, on June 20 and asked to collect a parcel.
The taxi driver was met outside by a man who persuaded him to pay £30 for the parcel and asked for it to be delivered to Elstree Film Studios.
The driver was promised the money and his fare would be returned upon delivery.
You may also want to watch:
No-one was waiting for the parcel at the destination and the driver did not get the money back.
Police inquiries are on-going.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 4 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge